What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CloudFTP

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
superfish said:
OK, found out how to go back to ad-hoc network.

* turn off
* turn on
* while "scanning" tap power key one time
* you're now in ad-hoc

I'm still working on the NAS thing.

bp

Nice work!

The Archangel

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the instructions for connecting Goodreader and uploading from Goodreader...worked like a charm! It's pretty cool to be able to upload from the iPad to a USB storage device!

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bbmountain said:
Many thanks for the instructions for connecting Goodreader and uploading from Goodreader...worked like a charm! It's pretty cool to be able to upload from the iPad to a USB storage device!

It is, I'm extremely happy with it. Apparently they are working on an app specifically for iOS which should make it even better than it is now.

The Archangel

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The CloudFTP continued....

Hi Gab, et al.
I'm continuing my foray into the workings of this fine device. So far I am able to see files on the CloudFTP using the "FB" app, both on the ad hoc and the local network from my iPad. Also, I can connect using "FileZilla" from the PC.

However, I think I have not understood or misunderstood the meaning of NAS and FTP. What I was/am looking for is a way for my PC programs to use the attached storage as if it were directly attached. That is plugged into the computer USB port. I'm beginning to think that this is not possible. My idea was that my regular programs could continue working and modifying and the iPad could read the files as needed.

Anyway, I am still happy with the unit and will continue seeing what it can do. I look forward to whatever you find out about this unit. A real APP from the developers would be great.

As always thanks for your work,

bp

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would be possible by mapping the drive attached to the CloudFtp device on your PC.

superfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mini_mi,
Thanks for the input. I never thought of something a straight forward as mapping it. However....

I still cannot get it to connect on Win 7 or XP. I tried the "Add network place wizard" on Xp with ftp://ftp.icloudftp.c and a couple other combinations. Win 7 just sees it as an unknown device that is not working. it works OK from the iPad.

Any further help you can offer would be great.

bp

codeX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! First time seeing this gadget..
Great posts Gabriel.. Thanks for sharing your knowledge..
Please keep up the good work..
Ill be checking on your thread from time to time then.. :)

grimbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant informative thread Gabriel.
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to set it all out in detail.
You have inspired me to order a CloudFTP to experiment with.
Good luck with your own experiments.

John

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks, feel free to add to this thread if you discover something that I have missed (which is quite likely!).

The Archangel

mwebb1234a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, in my first weekend on the blog you have solved my main issue with my Ipad, and will make me a genius at work. This is incredible, and the options for my work application are mind boggling. Oh thank you so so very much. Yahoo!!!!! (excitement not the net service) I am absolutely ecstatic. This will untether me from my computer, I don't have to do international travel with a boat anchor on my arm. I am down to a ditty bag for carry on. Oh this is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Mike

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mwebb1234a said:
Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, in my first weekend on the blog you have solved my main issue with my Ipad, and will make me a genius at work. This is incredible, and the options for my work application are mind boggling. Oh thank you so so very much. Yahoo!!!!! (excitement not the net service) I am absolutely ecstatic. This will untether me from my computer, I don't have to do international travel with a boat anchor on my arm. I am down to a ditty bag for carry on. Oh this is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Mike

Wow, it's good to see someone who is so happy!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes! Don't you feel proud Gab! This is the reason why Ipf is such a good place to be in!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
Gabriel1

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes! Don't you feel proud Gab! This is the reason why Ipf is such a good place to be in!

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

leelai said:
That's so nice to see Gab........

Woohoo for you!!! :D

iPad 2 3G 64gb

It's just a matter of sharing, I can't remember how I discovered this but I'm thinking that it was probably mentioned by another forum member, so we all help in one way or another......I might be biased but this forum is just grrrrrreat!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts