What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyper Launches iUSBport Range

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Hyper.JPG

Hyper’s iUSBport battery-powered filer server proved to be very popular at last year’s CES under the name of CloudFTP, and now, Engadget reports, Hyper has announced the revamped and renamed version of the original, the iUSBport, at this year’s CES. This handy little gizmo is used to connect USB storage devices and stream content from said devices over Wi-Fi, and can also be used as an external battery for the devices. Engadget has taken a good look at the revamped product, and says that appearance-wise, little has changed from the CloudFTP. Under the hood it’s a different matter though, with the iUSBport streaming data at 30mbps, which is 50% faster. It also now has the ability to connect as many as 12 devices at once, sending out up to five streams of 1080o video at the same time. Although tiny, the iUSBport comes with two USB ports, a microSDXC slot, and a bigger, 3300mAH battery. Engadget notes that the unit charges via micro-USB, and has a tiny LCD screen. There’s also a iUSBport HD version, complete with up to 2TB of storage, an SDXC card slot, and a USB 3.0 port. Or, if you prefer to go even smaller, there’s the iUSBport mini, which has just one USB port, and a microSD slot, but can still connect up to 8 devices. Engadget says that they will be available in the first quarter of 2013, with prices starting at $70 for the iUSBport mini, $150 for the iUSBport, and $160 for the HD version.

Many thanks to super moderator Gabriel1 and forum member pommie82 for the heads up on this story.

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]Hyper debuts iUSBport mini, 2 and HD cloud storage and streaming devices (hands-on)

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
:) Thanks for your help with the story!

I'm already dusting off my credit cards, that HD version is screaming "buy me, buy me"!

The Archangel

WillS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're looking for something small and portable, check out Maxell AirStash. I have the Seagate Satellite (used to be called Go Flex) 500GB drive and the AirStash which uses swappable SD or SDXC cards. I keep two 128GB SDXC cards handy, one with music and the other with movies, etc. Actually, any SD card will work (I have a 16GB just for transferring photos from my camera).
I find the AirStash much easier to use. It is smaller and can join an existing Wi-Fi network. It has a USB connector to plug into any PC or Mac for downloads and/or charging (the Seagate uses a proprietary USB connector that is a PITA and the charger requires AC power - it comes with a USB charging cable but using it takes forever to charge the drive).
I highly recommend the AirStash. You can find it on Amazon.com or eBay.

Tracierogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i need some help here! I have an ipad 2, i need an external hardrive, to transfer downloads off my ipad to hard drive, can you advise me please!

Most reactions

Latest posts