What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

closing opened apps in iPad mini

Liping

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found all I opened apps staying open so I worry they may use lot of memories. I want close them but I could not find the way to close them, and user guide has no information for this, how can I close opened apps?

CJM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should be able to double press the home button then swipe away the apps you want to close

Tapped from a Moto X

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I found all I opened apps staying open so I worry they may use lot of memories. I want close them but I could not find the way to close them, and user guide has no information for this, how can I close opened apps?

As already stated, enter the 'multi-task' screen by double tapping the Home button, go right or left to find the app(s) you want to close, then swipe its icon upward - I usually only perform this maneuver when an app is misbehaving.

Concerning your question about 'memory', iOS behaves differently from a standard computer OS, i.e. once an app is loaded and is idle, little memory is used, and if needed iOS will automatically close apps to free up the memory necessary - in fact, reopening an app likely consumes more battery life than leaving it open - there has been a LOT written on this topic, for one take Read THIS - Dave :)

OP
L

Liping

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks giradman for your great reply. I am new to apple product so I am still thinking windows way. Now after read your post I understand more.

Most reactions

Latest posts