What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problem ?

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the time I have no problem but four or five times now I have charged my ipad and when i turn it on it is stuck at 98 percent no matter how much longer I leave it charging. Then I can use it for a while and it goes straight to 100 no problem . Should I be worried ?

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I read the title of this tread wrong, lol. Anyway, have you tried re calibrating the battery meter by letting it drain all the way then recharging it all the way back up?

OP
P

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I read the title of this tread wrong, lol. Anyway, have you tried re calibrating the battery meter by letting it drain all the way then recharging it all the way back up?
To be honest I never let it go below 70 percent cos im a bit OCD over battery life so possibly that could be my problem.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally you would be right to do so. However, Apple recommends about once a month let it drain all the way then let it recharge all the way uninterrupted. Check the exact numbers on this but I think optimal time to charge is when the batter is from 40 to 80 percent.

Most reactions