What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging problem

patrickaliu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad3 refused to charge again for the past 1wk.

When plugged into light, it will show charging sign and disappear after about 2mins and at times, the charging sign will remain but the battery % level will not move from where it is after many hours. I have tried 3 different chargers and the problems still persist.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

When plugged into light, it will show charging sign and disappear after about 2mins and at times, the charging sign will remain but the battery % level will not move from where it is after many hours. I have tried 3 different chargers and the problems still persist.

Hi Patrick, sorry it's not clear what you mean by "plugged into the light". If you mean you are plugging into a computer USB port, you are very likely getting a very small trickle charge which would be much too slow to charge your iPad, even after many hours.
If you are plugging into a power point, I would suggest you reset your iPad by doing this:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Let us know how you got on.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Patrick - as suggested by Andrew, please 'Reset' your iPad according to his directions and let us know if this maneuver helps; also, provide some additional information on the type of chargers you are using and whether you are also trying different cables (i.e. could be a single bad cable despite good chargers). Dave :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add to the great suggestions already offered.

Also try a different power outlet as the one you are using may be faulty.

Are you also using an Apple charger.....other generic chargers have been known to fail quite frequently.

Also check that no debris has been caught in the charging port....don't go sticking anything in there though....a quick vacuum should be able to remove any debris.

Let us know how you go!

Most reactions