What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battery

Emmalouise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just brought the new iPad and this is the second time I have charged it, the first time was when I got it from the shop and it was all ready partially charged, however this time my battery seems to have gone down a lot quicker. Is this normal or do I have a problem? And how do I get the most out of my battery?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Entirely functions of screen brightness level, intensity of processor work (streaming video drains the battery quicker than surfing the web which saps the battery quicker than reading a book) and location services settings. May last a week on a charge, may last 7-9 hours. It all depends on the above.

Little One

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine holds 6-7 hours of really intensive usage. But got up to 11 hours when reading a book.

iPad "3", 32GB, Wifi, White

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It also takes 3 full charges before the battery achieves its max output capacity, and for the battery to achieve calibration.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
It also takes 3 full charges before the battery achieves its max output capacity, and for the battery to achieve calibration.

Where did you find this information? I looked for quite some time and was unable to find any source that mentioned it.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess I need to start running my battery down. I usually plug my iPad in when I know I won't be using it for a few hours so it's rare for it to get below 50%.

Little One

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it shouldn't matter when you charge it, just one full cycle in a month or so is suggested.

iPad "3", 32GB, Wifi, White

edi1511

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to wait until the battery completely drain. It is when the ipad going auto shutdown. Then you can start recharge 8 hours is the best. Dont recharge while using it or recharge when it still have battery capacity. This is to avoid crystal effect & your battery lifespan. Battery do have lifespan.

Most reactions