What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging proble

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad didn't seem to be charging very fast so let it totally run down and turn off. Plugged in the charger I have always used and it now tells me it is not charging. Tried another charger and I don't get a not charging message, but, after a minute or so the ipad emits a slow pulsing beep and the battery icon flashes.
I have no idea what to do to charge this thing.
Will an ipad charge if it is turned off?
Any ideas?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jen3247 said:
Ipad didn't seem to be charging very fast so let it totally run down and turn off. Plugged in the charger I have always used and it now tells me it is not charging. Tried another charger and I don't get a not charging message, but, after a minute or so the ipad emits a slow pulsing beep and the battery icon flashes.
I have no idea what to do to charge this thing.
Will an ipad charge if it is turned off?
Any ideas?

Are you plugging the cord from your iPad to the charger that came with your iPad or are you plugging the cord into the USB port on your computer? Most computer USB ports will not supply enough power to do more than trickle charge the iPad when it is asleep or turned off. If you use it while plugged int your computer the battery will not charge and may even discharge.

OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is plugged into the wall socket charger. Its the 10 w charger. It has been on the charger for almost 14 hours and it is at 61%. That is from totally dead. I let it run down and turn itself off as someone suggested. It is still making the little beeping noise as the battery icon flashes.
Just seems that it should have charged by now.

OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazy slow is right!! I think I win the slow prize! LOL
This morning it is 100% charged. Geez, only took a day and a half!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is plugged into the wall socket charger. Its the 10 w charger. It has been on the charger for almost 14 hours and it is at 61%. That is from totally dead. I let it run down and turn itself off as someone suggested. It is still making the little beeping noise as the battery icon flashes.
Just seems that it should have charged by now.

What beeping noise are you referring to? I don't have that with mine when I charge it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
What beeping noise are you referring to? I don't have that with mine when I charge it.

The only beep I've ever experienced is the one I get when I first plug in the charging cable. Like skimonkey, i've never heard any periodic beeping during the charging process itself.

OP
J

jen3247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The battery symbol will flash and it will beep with each flash. Drove me nuts. Sounded like a heart monitor in the ER. It did that until the % got higher.
I think I have a possessed Ipad! LOL

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The battery symbol will flash and it will beep with each flash. Drove me nuts. Sounded like a heart monitor in the ER. It did that until the % got higher.
I think I have a possessed Ipad! LOL

Jen...I don't have the original iPad, but the iPad 2---so this isn't something that is normal on mine...nor have I ever heard this from others here.

I think you should have it looked at by a Genius at the Apple Store. Scifan has the newest ipad and as he states, there is only one beep upon charge start up.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Jen...I don't have the original iPad, but the iPad 2---so this isn't something that is normal on mine...nor have I ever heard this from others here.

I think you should have it looked at by a Genius at the Apple Store. Scifan has the newest ipad and as he states, there is only one beep upon charge start up.

I also have an iPad 2 and charging works exactly the same as with the iPad 3, just one beep at the beginning of the charge cycle.

Most reactions

Latest posts