What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

batteri problems

Wanted56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have a ipad 1 gene, now I have had problems with it for long. When I try to charge it (with the original charger) I just get the plug connector by the battery, and it will not charge. When connected to the charger, turn it on and off by themselves, have tried to restore it, but did not work either. thought it was a thing with the update to ios 5.0. Now that I have innsatalert 5.1 does not comply with this error. Hope someone can help me with it.

Thank you
Closed frustrated ipad use

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please take a look at this Apple support article on Battery Management - an Apple recommendation is to allow the battery to fully discharge about once a month which re-calibrates charge monitoring of the battery.

Also, if available (friend or Apple store?), try another iPad charger (you'll need one that outputs 10 W like the original); if you do visit an Apple store (or another place that can test your battery/charger) further in depth testing can be done.

Finally, if the battery might need to be replaced, review this other Apple support article on Battery Replacement - the 'new' iPad might be another consideration, if you do need the battery replaced? Good luck and please post back your results - :thumbs:

Alexander_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have a ipad 1 gene, now I have had problems with it for long. When I try to charge it (with the original charger) I just get the plug connector by the battery, and it will not charge. When connected to the charger, turn it on and off by themselves, have tried to restore it, but did not work either. thought it was a thing with the update to ios 5.0. Now that I have innsatalert 5.1 does not comply with this error. Hope someone can help me with it.

Thank you
Closed frustrated ipad use
Hello,
Well i also update my Ipad,
But i didn't found any change with my battery..

Last edited:

shelleyaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check your cord, is it kinked at the place where you plug it in? I have had to replace mine three times (FREE from the store).

Most reactions

Latest posts