What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging Port Problem

Ultie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After long last, I think my ipad is a goner. It's acting very, very strange.

I've never had a battery life issue. Yeah, it doesn't last as long as it used to, but I have had my ipad since it came out, and recently, it's main use has been to watch movies and game. Recently, it started having issues charging. I chalked it up to my power cord being a bit faulty and old, but the charger will charge other devices(such as my iphone 4 and my mother's Ipad2) just fine. I even tried plugging it into a new wall charger for the ipad, and it doesn't recognize that's its being charged. No beep, no lightning bolt, no "not charging" message, no nothing. So it's not my cord(s).

I then reset my software. First, using a cloud backup, and then, reset it as a new device to factory condition.

Here's where it gets odd. When it's plugged in the battery percentage does go up, but slow enough I didn't notice at first. It goes up even faster if I turn it off. Right now, I'm going to try to get it to a high charge by leaving it alone for a few hours, and see if that resolves the issue. I have heard report of this problem on forums such as this one, that simply not letting it get that low will make the problem dissapear. I also found an old thread on this forum that had a reported fix involving screws on the charging port's internal part.

All the techs I've spoken to want a very hefty fee for even speaking to them or looking at it, and if it's such a common problem with an easy fix, I'd rather do the DIY or work-around.

Most reactions

Latest posts