What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad1 won't charge after replacing digitizer

hondatech739

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced the digiitzer in a 1st gen iPad for a friend and everything I checked worked great. When the battery got low the first time after the replacement, he plugged it in and it wouldn't charge. Of course I did not check this before closing it up, so had to remove the screen again. Everything seems to be in place, but still won't charge. Saw a few people who had luck with immediately plugging the cable in after holding the lock button down until the power off slider appeared at the top of the screen. Tried this several times but didn't work. I checked the wall wart and the cable on my own device to make sure they worked, and checked my oem cable and charger on his device, which didn't help. Also tried leaving plugged in to a wall charger over night and this accomplished nothing. However, this was done with the screen loose from the device but plugged in. Still get the battery icon with the arrow and plug symbols. Just wondering: first, must the screen be attached for the charge port to work? (saw the two posts sticking up off the top of the charging port and thought they might have to make contact with the pads on the bottom of the home button board in order to charge) second, is there anything else I can do to find out what the problem is? I don't do this for a living, but I have done it before without a problem. The screen swap was done with the power off, and I used only plastic tools once the frame was all the way off the device. Thanks in advance for any assistance or ideas.

This is a copy and paste from another forum I asked this question of, and got zero replies after 2 weeks. Please help!

Most reactions

Latest posts