What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change App Icons?

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the Icons on a particular application. For example, I have a favorite web-paged lined on my homepage. How can assign a different icon to it?

MSax

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
On the website Icons you can zoom in on something on the page before saving it as an icon. But other than that, No you cant.

Some people Jailbreak their iphone/iPads to install custom themed icons, but you don't really get to choose each icon. You just pick a theme. Also Winterboard isn't really stable on the iPad at this point, I don't recommend using it.

gamal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to change icons

This issue has been discussed extensively in the following thread: Home screen bookmarks. I hope you find it helpful.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of web pages have app icons built into them also. When you choose to add it to home screen, wait just a bit, and the screen shot will often change to a custom icon.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. If you want choices you shouldn't buy an iPad. Apple decides how things will look and they do not allow apps that create their own desktop.

I suspect there's something if you jailbreak... or wait until Fall for iOS4 and nested folders.

Most reactions