What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to search bookmarks or favorites on an iPad with iOS 7 for Safari

WonderWoman69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I'm wondering if there is a way to search bookmarks for a particular address on an iPad. I have an extensive list of bookmarks including too many duplicates to go through point by point. I am trying to search out a particular misdirect that has landed an icon on my Safari homepage favorites icon's list. The only way I can find it is if I can search my bookmarks and favorites is there a way to do that?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Spotlight search doesn't look for favourites and bookmarks stored in Safari. If you put them on your homescreen, you're able to find them, though.

What you can try to find your bookmarks and favorites is to write the first few letters into the search bar in Safari. It will show your bookmarked sites as result.

image-3709429723.jpg
Before you search for them, clear your Safari history to avoid too many results.

Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Google Search window located on the top of Safari disappeared. I like the Google search bar because that allowed one to search the web page for words.

Is there a way to enable the Google Search Window?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Google Search window located on the top of Safari disappeared. I like the Google search bar because that allowed one to search the web page for words. Is there a way to enable the Google Search Window? Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB
In iOS 7, search and address bar are the same. If you want to search, write the words into the search/address bar. An extra search bar can't be enabled. It's a feature of the latest software.

Last edited:

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In iOS 7, search and address bar are the same. If you want to search, write the words into the search/address bar. An extra search bar can't be enabled. It's a feature of the latest software.

After I sent that question. I had figured that out. Thank you for the reply.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts