What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Review: Touch Icon Creator

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi -

First, a disclaimer: I have nothing to do (gain) with this app other than I discovered it via an RSS feed from AppShopper. I just wanted to share this because I think it is very neat!

I like to save web site links to my home screen (when in Safari) for sites I visit often. I find it's easier to simply tap on a link versus opening Safari, finding the right bookmark and then opening it. Yeah, I'm lazy ... your point? :D

Anyway.

Most of the time, when you create a link on the home screen, you get this terrible-looking icon (when compared to the professional ones in the Apple store).

This app will allow you to build any icon with any picture you have. So, you can use that web site's logo or any picture you want.

I've attached a picture of [one of] my website link home screens to show you what I mean.

YMMV, but I think it is one of my favorite apps (I LIKE having my stuff be neat and organized!).

Marilyn

P.S. BTW, the Touch Icon and the Chase icon are app icons - the rest are Safari web links...

Attachments

• TouchIcons.JPG
    TouchIcons.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Marilyn, Thank You for Your Recommendation

This is a good idea. I do save links of frequently visited websites and often I forget what that website is and have to launch it to see where the icon went.

This apps helps a lot.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good find. Like Img2icns on the mac.

And lets hear it for laziness. Progress is based on laziness.......trying to get something for less effort.

Most reactions

Latest posts