What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icons keep changing IOS 7.0.4 iPad 4

WonderWoman69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I've noticed my icons on my iPad which is IOS vers. 7.0.4 on my iPad 4 128gb keep changing two unusual icons. This happens both four groups that I've created as well as on the homepage for my Safari where I have all my individual homepage icons there. For example the Google icon on the Safari homepage has changed two instead of the normal G it has become a grouping of shopping bags and for a group on my iPad home screen that I have for photography the icon keeps changing for the group box to an icon that sits floating above the group box. Is this a glitch with the iOS or is this possibly a virus I somehow someway picked up on my iPad and can you even get a virus on an iPad? I'm currently in the hospital so I've got nothing but time to figure this out I have tried googling without any luck. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated thank you.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I've noticed my icons on my iPad which is IOS vers. 7.0.4 on my iPad 4 128gb keep changing two unusual icons. This happens both four groups that I've created as well as on the homepage for my Safari where I have all my individual homepage icons there. For example the Google icon on the Safari homepage has changed two instead of the normal G it has become a grouping of shopping bags and for a group on my iPad home screen that I have for photography the icon keeps changing for the group box to an icon that sits floating above the group box. Is this a glitch with the iOS or is this possibly a virus I somehow someway picked up on my iPad and can you even get a virus on an iPad? I'm currently in the hospital so I've got nothing but time to figure this out I have tried googling without any luck. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated thank you. Sent from my iPad using iPF
Being in the hospital gives you no option of hooking your iPad to your PC correct? If not then your stuck, as you need to erase all content and set up as a new device, take snap shots of every you have on your iPad so you still have pictures of the way you like it, they are changing due to a corrupt update download. When you updated the IOS did you do it from iTunes or your iPad? When i did mine through the iPad it didn't take through iTunes so i had conflicts with the same issue, you have to update through iTunes, delete back ups when you get your iPad exactly the way you like delete all backups as some will be corrupt. Good luck and so sorry for your hospital stay

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently I've noticed my icons on my iPad which is IOS vers. 7.0.4 on my iPad 4 128gb keep changing two unusual icons. This happens both four groups that I've created as well as on the homepage for my Safari where I have all my individual homepage icons there. For example the Google icon on the Safari homepage has changed two instead of the normal G it has become a grouping of shopping bags and for a group on my iPad home screen that I have for photography the icon keeps changing for the group box to an icon that sits floating above the group box. Is this a glitch with the iOS or is this possibly a virus I somehow someway picked up on my iPad and can you even get a virus on an iPad? I'm currently in the hospital so I've got nothing but time to figure this out I have tried googling without any luck. Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated thank you. Sent from my iPad using iPF

In Safari, the bookmarked icons mostly stay the same, but not all of them. I had two or three different Google icons since iOS 7, and my Times icon changes every weekend, supposedly because of the Sunday Times.
I guess every time you open the website you saved to a homescreen or bookmarked, and there were changes to the site, the icon will change as well.
There's no need to worry.

As long as your device is not jailbroken, you can't get a virus, afaik.

Maybe you could post a screenshot to show the icon that sits floating above the group box. At the moment I don't know what that should look like, so I can't tell you if it's right or wrong.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts