What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chages to iiPad 2 keyboard

gingy27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I was wondering if anyone could help me...I'm new to this site, so hope this is in the right place!
I have 2 iPad 2s for work purposes, using them for completing surveys. Not for market research purposes, but along similar lines.
We need to interview people and do so quite quickly.
Does anyone know if the keyboard on the iPad 2 can be altered so that the numbers and letters are displayed together? Rather than switching between them in every new entry.
Thanks for any advice!

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid there's no set way to display them together other than to jailbreak your iPads. You could buy a 3rd party keyboard for them if you really don't want to have to keep switching between displays.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello........I have 2 iPad 2s for work purposes, using them for completing surveys. Not for market research purposes, but along similar lines.
We need to interview people and do so quite quickly. Does anyone know if the keyboard on the iPad 2 can be altered so that the numbers and letters are displayed together? Rather than switching between them in every new entry...........

Hi Gingy... - welcome to the forum! :) I'd have to agree w/ the previous poster, i.e. for the stock iPad, the KB options in 'Settings' are your choices - the KB can be split & shortcuts setup; I've also seen a few apps w/ different KBs but they work w/i the app rather than altering the 'on-screen' KB in the manner you described.

Not sure exactly 'how' you are entering the numbers, but if just a one or a few, a quicker way is to just press & hold the numeric keypad, then after the numbers appear, slide your finger to the number desired and release - the number will be entered and the KB returned to the lettered one.

Although this may not be an option, would a real Apple BT keyboard be a consideration? If I were sitting @ a table/desk and entering a lot of data w/ mixed letters and numbers that would be my choice - good luck and let us know your solution(s) - Dave

OP
G

gingy27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks so much for your advice :) A keyboard could be a good longer term solution. The work we are doing is often out in the middle of nowhere, so we perhaps need to look at the practicalities of having a keyboard too. For now though, holding down the number key will help speed things up a little :) Thanks again for your help! Louise

Most reactions

Latest posts