What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha...I would look into it a little more if I were you, things could have changed or someone could have challenged it, but basically the idea was, those plate covers made it difficult for those bullshit traffic cameras to photo your plate...so they outlawed them. Also they outlawed any plate FRAME that the top portion covers the word Arizona. But you might get away with it, and it might have changed.

CITSFixed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My research included talking to an on duty police officer and they told me that license plate covers and frames are legal as long as it didn't hide the states name in which the plate was issued which is usually at the very top or bottom of the plate, as long as its not a photo blurring device and since mine does none of those that I was good to go.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
My research included talking to an on duty police officer and they told me that license plate covers and frames are legal as long as it didn't hide the states name in which the plate was issued which is usually at the very top or bottom of the plate, as long as its not a photo blurring device and since mine does none of those that I was good to go.

Those officers may not decide to ticket you for it, but it is illegal. At least in most states(if not all).

in Illinois, the law is 625 ILCS 5/12-610.5, and prohibits any tinted, colored, painted, marked, clear, or illuminated cover. This section also notes that a violation is considered a moving violation, meaning it will result in points against your license.

Fine is $100

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got a ticket a week ago for not haveing a visble exp date tag on the plate ..when i walked around to the back of a car and saw that the bolt had come out and was letting the lics plate holder just slip down over the tag ..

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
One thing that ticks me off are people that fill the license plate with the date tags all over.

in all 4 corners, in the middle, all around..

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am now driving a Surburban :) and you would have to pry it out of my hands.. but with that said..

69 camaro SS/RS 69 chevelle, 87 Irock Z ugh... then a host of gm cars. monty carlo, granpirx type... then f150 4x4 and K5 blazer... then now my burban..

fun drive is a Mutt a2 :) and restoring chevelle... but its just be dormant since dh lost his job last yr.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am now driving a Surburban :) and you would have to pry it out of my hands..

So let me guess, you're about 5' nothing. :) Growing up in KY, I saw the little bittiest girls clmbing in and out of old Suburbans.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is it that when a female drives a big truck and it's 'her' truck, we're impressed? But when a guy, usually a little guy, is driving a big lifted truck, we always joke about what he's compensating for.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why is it that when a female drives a big truck and it's 'her' truck, we're impressed? But when a guy, usually a little guy, is driving a big lifted truck, we always joke about what he's compensating for.

Hmm. It seems to me you always see little women in big trucks, though in Chicago they go for regular SUVs rather than Suburbans.

Most of the guys I know driving really big trucks are too big to comfortably fit in much else. A buddy of mine is still missing his old Suburban (traded during cash for clunkers), but he's 6'4" and 260 or so, easy, plus has a bad hip so sliding into an SUV is easier than most cars. Plus he coached football and needed the equipment space.

Mecread

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learned to drive in a 83 Surburban, and a 80's model chevy 4 spd flat bed... so big is not new. Just something I grew up driving and really liked. Moved in to a host of W body gm's and while I did love my Monty, GrandPix, newer monty, buick I missed my bigger trucks

I was in mom's Burban, Dad's 3/4 ton, a grain truck just something bigger then the W body I had at the time.

So when it came time to move 3 kids to a bigger car, I was I really would love a Surburban, Dh was all for it as the one we liked had the heavier tow package so we can do the boats,trailers with not much of an issue. Then kids have 4-h, band and friends.

He thinks it was pretty cool that I got up in it and drove Nashville, Tn and not worried about hitting anything. He drives either a service truck with a 9 ft bed (work truck) or one with an 11 ft bed (farm) and they are no problem to me, it's just my life.

Also growing up / living on a farm a car just don't cut it going across fields. Lost or broke a good many air dams. I could have done the mini van I *guess* but its like the ipad, not everyone is going to like it and I am fine with that.. this is just who I am.

I am 5'5 so agv. It was my K5 that was jacked, and had the spot light mounted to the a pillar ;)

Oh I also can drive a 3 on a tree... I don't know many ppl that can do that are even know what it is!!!!!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i learn to drive in a two door Maverick with three speed transmisson on the column .. my aunt put me on the local hill mid way up and told me to get off the hill or roll back into on comeing traffic ..

when i was married we had a 4-x-4-Surburban for hauling the kids around

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i found this two shots of a smart car on another forum and thought i post them here..

they are done up in ww2 fighter planes colors..

Attachments

• post-8022-1278875767.jpg
    post-8022-1278875767.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 236
  • post-8022-1278875783.jpg
    post-8022-1278875783.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 224

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newest picture of my car. Got some new wheels, now desperately need new bigger brakes to fill up these monster wheels.

4821231192_075558cb92_b.jpg

Car still has a long way to go before I'm done. Give me another 3 or 4 years, LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts