What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd rather have the pure power :)

Honestly though, a Z06 would do just fine for me.

The GTR is nice though...I just love the sound of the V8. :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess iam telling my age ..but there is nothing sweeter sound to me than the throatly rumble of a nicely tuned big block v8 going down the street .it pure magic for me ..

my dream cars are a couple of cars

1- the cars from the movie bullet the chase car dodge charger and the mustang ..

2-second car would be a 49 chopped and channeled mec coup from the movie cobra with sly there ,,but my car in be in basic black

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess iam telling my age ..but there is nothing sweeter sound to me than the throatly rumble of a nicely tuned big block v8 going down the street .it pure magic for me ..
I agree 100%.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i ever won the lottery i would be in a world of hurt for i would be getting a couple of tickets pre week on the I10 comeing out of Phx to La for i would be doing the how fast can your partol really do type of driveing ..

i know that i can not out run the radio but it would be fun to see how fast the Ca chp partol car could do in a flat our stetch of highway againest a highly turned and balance big block v8 in the car ..let say for about 10 mile stetch of the road ..

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I grew up with the SBC 350, my dad bought me a 67 Corvette that is pretty poor condition when I was 12 years old. He used that as a bonding opportunity for us, and to also teach me how to do a complete restoration. Everything from rebuilding the engine to body repair to interior and wiring work. We did a full restoration on that car and had it ready by the time I got my license. I loved that car, only drove it for about a year and a half because I got rearended by a drunk and it totaled the car.

We got a 1978 Corvette Pace Car to replace it. It's still my car, but it's in my dad's possession since it would be difficult to take. It's just that it's one of the many cars that suffered from the gas crunch and the start of emissions control in the late 70's. What I would like to do with it eventually is drop in a newer Corvette motor, not the Z06 or anything, just the standard C5 LS engine. That would give me a nice 350hp (compared to the 170hp the car is rated at now) and make for an excellent cruiser. People have done it before, and it's a great modification. The car would lose it's originality, but it's not like the car is THAT rare anyways, they made something like 1500 of them.

I'm still a fan of V8's, but I love the sound of turbos and that kick you get when you reach full boost. I'll take a twin turbo V8, but then that's just too much power for a RWD car on the street. That's when you just end up burning the rear tires because you can't get traction.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree 100%.

When I had a Porsche 928, I sometimes used to go out at 3 a.m. and just listen to it idle.:D

I love the sound of BMW's inline sixes as well - big part of why I bought my M Coupe.

mbierle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fun wheels...

Attachments

• Miata 1.jpg
    Miata 1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 150
  • bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 141

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
A Daimler-Chrysler Orion hybrid bus, I got my own driver and everything I can wish for, comfortable orange plastic passanger seats, full surround hip hop blasting in the back, interesting conversations with old folks up front.

noc16.jpg

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I respect Miatas for their excellent overall performance package and potential, I just can't get over the "Corky Romano" image that they portray for men driving them. I wish I could get over it, because they make excellent autocross cars.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Daimler-Chrysler Orion hybrid bus, I got my own driver and everything I can wish for, comfortable orange plastic passanger seats, full surround hip hop blasting in the back, interesting conversations with old folks up front.

noc16.jpg
up in Modosto i all most became a liveing and breathing hood piece for one of those thing crossig the street from the parking lot to the doctor office one day ..the person was not looking ahead to see if someone was in the crosswalk before they started to turn ..

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com

noc16.jpg
up in Modosto i all most became a liveing and breathing hood piece for one of those thing crossig the street from the parking lot to the doctor office one day ..the person was not looking ahead to see if someone was in the crosswalk before they started to turn ..

Glad youre ok! I can assure you it wasnt my driver!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was going to get my heart ekg read and when they took my heart rate again they ask me why is was up and i told what just happened and they made me sit down and wait 30 mins before trying to read my heart rate again for the doctor vist..

it was normal after about 30 min time frame the doctor was jokeing me for he said it save me the stress test set that they where going to do ...

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

noc16.jpg

That's really awesome, Max, does yours have climate control as well?

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2005 bmw m3 silver grey,
Range rover sport s/c
2004 gixxer 750,

i ve had 6-7 other cars in last 12months or so, sl500, sl55 amg, range vogue, etc....

i m abit of a car nut, i m looking into the new Gtr at the moment.

j.

Most reactions

Latest posts