What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My buddy had a supercharged miata...talk about fun! More pics of the shelby?

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More pics of the Shelby.

Attachments

• I3010192.jpg
    I3010192.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 154
  • I3010195.jpg
    I3010195.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 166

Krew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It isn't disrespectful or anything like that for the forum members to talk about non-iPad related things here. The reason there's an Anything Goes section is because while we all like to talk about the iPad we also have other interests okay?

And actually, having this section helps to foster the community because members can find out that they have other things in common with each other, etc. It actually HELPS build the community here. It can also help people stay interested in the forum and make them more active. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A "true" sports car should have excellent steering feel. A new Camaro and Corvette have the steering feel of a pickup truck. (Perhaps GM is sharing parts?) Sure it's fast and they have improved over the years (esp since the C5's) but they are still lacking in quality and steering feel. Give me German muscle any day. Just my .02...no reason to hate. ;)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i drive a old man car or as it called in the valley here a death car for everyone says your going to die when you get hit by another car .. ..here is a picture of it ..it gets great gas mileage and it perfect for me and the driveing i do ..the only problem i have ever had with the car is a truck one tried to come into my lane when i first got it that was it ..great for ziping around town in ..

Attachments

• DSC00186.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC00188.jpg
    DSC00188.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 250

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice Smart. I had a Fortwo as well (white with black tridion) and it was great for commuting in the city. I traded it in March for the Solsticd GXP. When people used to ask me what I would do if I got hit by a semi, I always said "First, I'll make sure the driver is okay, then get his insurance information." :)

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i drive a old man car or as it called in the valley here a death car for everyone says your going to die when you get hit by another car .. ..here is a picture of it ..it gets great gas mileage and it perfect for me and the driveing i do ..the only problem i have ever had with the car is a truck one tried to come into my lane when i first got it that was it ..great for ziping around town in ..

Honestly I would be afraid to drive one of those in America, just too many huge cars and big pickup trucks. I live in Japan, here we have what are called kei cars. The number one selling car in Japan for the last several years has been the Suzuki Wagon R kei car, my wife has a Daihatsu Move that I drive fairly often:

daihatsu-move-custom-stock.jpg

The Japanese are very good at utilizing interior space. I'm 6'2" and I can be driving, and have someone my size sitting behind me with a lot of legroom to spare and still a little bit of room in the back for luggage. Yet the whole car is shorter than a Honda Civic hatchback. It gets about 45-50mpg in the city, and will top out at about 90mph. Top speed isn't a big deal though, as Japan as very low speed limits in general, averaging about 35mph on most city streets. I love it here in Japan, but I would NEVER drive this car in the US. They hold up fine in accidents against other kei cars or some Japanese sedans, but when they get into a bad accident with a big truck or something like that, they don't hold up well.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally put him on ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,

I certainly think this is the right place to talk about cars and anything you want. I may not be a moderator tomorrow, but I've tried to clean up a little today. This is being talked about between moderators higher than I am.

Please keep it civil.

Oh, and Jeeps rule.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.precadet26.org/msgboard/userpic/daihatsu-move-custom-stock.jpg[/IMG]

The Japanese are very good at utilizing interior space. I'm 6'2" and I can be driving, and have someone my size sitting behind me with a lot of legroom to spare and still a little bit of room in the back for luggage. Yet the whole car is shorter than a Honda Civic hatchback. It gets about 45-50mpg in the city, and will top out at about 90mph. Top speed isn't a big deal though, as Japan as very low speed limits in general, averaging about 35mph on most city streets. I love it here in Japan, but I would NEVER drive this car in the US. They hold up fine in accidents against other kei cars or some Japanese sedans, but when they get into a bad accident with a big truck or something like that, they don't hold up well.

they are really good for what i use them for and one it teachs you to be aware of the people driveing around you all the time..

iam 6.ft 3.inchs tall around 275 to 290 pds depends if i been staying away from the junk food i love ..my problem because of a back and knee problem from a car wreck years ago and jumping out of a perfectly good airplane in flight back when i was young and dumb and thought i was going to be forever heathly and young and never go old .. i some basic problems with my back and knees problems getting in and out of a large or small vehicles ..so when this cars came out i went for a test drive and fell in love with the car.. for me it easly to get in and out and gets great gas mileage around town and on long trips.. i learn to pack right for a trip and can make do with a little less than i thought at times..it just me in the house so it great for my lifestyle ..i buy a few week grocery at a time and it can haul them back to the house ..

my car ins for the month is around $.88.oo dollars a month full coverage and it was about $.145 .oo a month and it went down now..my girlfriend hate it at first and drove it around for a couple of days one time when i was back east for work and now if she at the house i have to fight her for the car sometimes

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A "true" sports car should have excellent steering feel. A new Camaro and Corvette have the steering feel of a pickup truck. (Perhaps GM is sharing parts?) Sure it's fast and they have improved over the years (esp since the C5's) but they are still lacking in quality and steering feel. Give me German muscle any day. Just my .02...no reason to hate. ;)

You know, I have a 2010 Camaro, which was based on a G8, which is a Holden Commodore, an Australian made car that has a very European feel to it when you drive it. I drive a 7 series as my daily driver, so I'm very familiar with the German feel (granted the 7 series is a tank), but the Camaro has excellent feedback and although not apples to apples, it out handles the Beemer by leaps and bounds.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not too many convertibles that I think are realistic. BMW makes a nice M3 convert, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I dunno man, I kinda like the 335. You can get a lot of HP out of the TT motor for not a whole lot of investment.. I'm just having trouble justifying the price. For the same money I could get a vette, but I'm not a huge vette fan..

Love the car, just not the fact that they're everywhere you look.
You must not have driven many Z06 Vettes :p

Actually I have. Can't see buying a $70K car with a $20K interior.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Honestly I would be afraid to drive one of those in America, just too many huge cars and big pickup trucks. I live in Japan, here we have what are called kei cars. The number one selling car in Japan for the last several years has been the Suzuki Wagon R kei car, my wife has a Daihatsu Move that I drive fairly often:

daihatsu-move-custom-stock.jpg

What??? I have a Scion xA, and in a world of giant oversized cars having a midget is the biggest advantage you can have!!! Easily get thru traffic, park in spots that would otherwise be wasted by two morons with escalages that double park a compact spot, parallel park when people think they are clever by overparking....it's pretty ideal! And I live in Los Angeles.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I have. Can't see buying a $70K car with a $20K interior.
I think Jay Leno said it best...

paraphrasing

"If you care what the interior of the best bang for buck sportscar in the world looks like, you're not really that into cars."

Most reactions

Latest posts