What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Porsche 997 911 Turbo cabriolet is my personal dream car. I can't afford a new one, but I figure once they are 7 or 8 years old I should be able to pick one up. I also like that new limited edition Porsche Boxster Spyder. I'm a huge Porsche fan.

Also, here are a couple videos of me racing my last car, a 2008 Honda Civic Type R. It only had about 250hp, but it only weighed 2650lbs with the modifications I did to it, and it handled like a roller coaster, just wouldn't stop gripping. I'm actually faster in this type of racing "Gymkhana" than I am in my current Skyline.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Hjkw8A3_w]YouTube - RCCA Civic Type R Okinawa[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wc49hpWBM0&feature=related]YouTube - Civic Type R RCCA Okinawa Compilation[/ame]

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not too many convertibles that I think are realistic. BMW makes a nice M3 convert, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I dunno man, I kinda like the 335. You can get a lot of HP out of the TT motor for not a whole lot of investment.. I'm just having trouble justifying the price. For the same money I could get a vette, but I'm not a huge vette fan..

Love the car, just not the fact that they're everywhere you look.
You must not have driven many Z06 Vettes :p

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly consider the Z06 and the base Corvette to be completely different cars. The base Corvette is a nice average muscle car, the Z06 is a true sports car.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GeeWillikers;29163I dunno man said:
I like the folding hardtops, and think off and on about getting an E92 328i. I don't need the 335i since I've got the Z4 M Coupe for when I want speed, and BMW is still working out the high pressure fuel pumps, from what I've read.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry boys but I think you need to take a look at the real SS/RS. This is my 69 next to my father in laws 560.

Sorry for the pic quality its the only one I have on my phone.

I've heard the older RS/SS's can hang pretty good with the 2010 V6 Camaro's :p

But seriously, if it weren't for the early Camaro like yours, we wouldn't have inspiration for the 2010 we have now. (With bluetooth for the phone, USB for our music, back up sensors, and oh yea, more power than ever offered in a Camaro before...)

Nice looking car!!

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just seems America likes to build sledgehammers, Japan likes to build scalpels. I prefer a scalpel over a sledgehammer :)

I agree, but like playing rock/paper/scissors, sledgehammers crush scalpel everytime. :)

(Actually I would love a GT-R, and I've driven the NSX, killer ride!)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly consider the Z06 and the base Corvette to be completely different cars. The base Corvette is a nice average muscle car, the Z06 is a true sports car.

If the Z06 is the true sports car, then what does that make the ZR1?
And actually I had a base Corvette before my Camaro, reasons I didn't want a Z06 included, non-removable roof, far too rough of ride, speed that is beyond unusable in US, acceleration that kills even more tires than base Vette.
And the reason I traded to the Camaro is for a weekend car, the Vette couldn't haul enough stuff to go to the cabin.

On the note of European cars, my work car for the last couple of years was a Merc S600 with a twin turbo V-12, but the best part was a Constant Velocity Transmission (CVT), that thing hauled a$$ and did it instantly when you wanted to pass some one. I now drive a 7 series and it is a nice car and much more reliable (Merc was a maintenance nightmare) but it doesn't hold a candle to the Merc.

Oh, and one last thing, Mathew, you asked if I'm liking the Camaro, only 2 things I don't LOVE about it, the weird thing where it makes you shift to fourth if you stay in first too long, and the quiet exhaust note. (I think I'm afraid to do what you did for fear of droning in the passenger compartment.)

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It makes the ZR1 a true supercar.

1) It's not really louder in the cockpit unless you're in a lower gear. When you're cruising on the highway it's unnoticeable.

2) You can eliminate the CAGS auto shift with a skip shift eliminator from eBay for about 20 bucks.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It makes the ZR1 a true supercar.

1) It's not really louder in the cockpit unless you're in a lower gear. When you're cruising on the highway it's unnoticeable.

2) You can eliminate the CAGS auto shift with a skip shift eliminator from eBay for about 20 bucks.

I just may have to do it then...

And actually I already ordered the skip shift eliminator from here:

2010 Camaro Skip Shift Eliminator

Snagtooth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fellow car enthusiast here as well. Here's a couple from our collection, a 2006 C-6 convertible and a 1968 327 Camaro. We also have a 1929 Model A and a 1974 Dodge Charger. I'll have to see if I can find the pics of those to post later.

My daily driver is a 2008 Prius since am frequently on the road and my wife drives a 2009 Armada LE which we use for towing the boat and hauling folks around.

The Mustang actually belongs to my next door neighbor who owns a truck and car accessory / customization business. We took the convertibles on a long weekend trip to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn which I recommend as a right of passage for any true car enthusiast.

Cheers.

Attachments

• vette_camaro.jpg
    vette_camaro.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 193
  • mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 204
  • vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 178
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score

edit: Original deleted.

Please lets try to keep it civil. This is being discussed by moderators higher than me. -NumbLock

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fellow car enthusiast here as well. Here's a couple from our collection, a 2006 C-6 convertible and a 1968 327 Camaro. We also have a 1929 Model A and a 1974 Dodge Charger. I'll have to see if I can find the pics of those to post later.

My daily driver is a 2008 Prius since am frequently on the road and my wife drives a 2009 Armada LE which we use for towing the boat and hauling folks around.

The Mustang actually belongs to my next door neighbor who owns a truck and car accessory / customization business. We took the convertibles on a long weekend trip to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn which I recommend as a right of passage for any true car enthusiast.

Cheers.
VERY nice cars. Thanks for sharing!!!

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a pic of my toy, a 1992 Miata with a Ford 302 original conversion done by Monster Miata. Its sitting next to my brother's '69 Shelby Mustang.

Attachments

• Miata_Shelby.jpg
    Miata_Shelby.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 201

Most reactions

Latest posts