What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

car mounts for the iPad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen those, but do not know how I would deal with it in the car. I may consider it in my boat with the right protection

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like the boat mount is the only non ridiculous one. The windshield mount would just be silly...and so illegal in most states!

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to like the window car mount because after the long wait for the 3G it would be so cool to use my iPad as a GPS when on travel! I agree that it looks like it would block your view too much (perhaps if you went into landscape). Also, I fear that the iPad is a bit heavy for that kind of mount.

33ipad.jpg

-Greg

OP
R

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, I think the window mount blocks too much also. I think it could easily be dangerous.

rho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody thinking about getting rid of their GPS in place of the ipad?

I'm thinking about using it (when I get it) because my GPS needs a major update or I have to buy a new one anyway -- waiting to hear what everyone thinks about it as a GPS ...

edited to add -- but not with that mount ;)

mcfadyen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody thinking about getting rid of their GPS in place of the ipad?

I'm thinking about using it (when I get it) because my GPS needs a major update or I have to buy a new one anyway -- waiting to hear what everyone thinks about it as a GPS ...

edited to add -- but not with that mount ;)

Anybody out there using it already as a GPS? And I expect there will be different/better mounts avail at some point...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to like the window car mount because after the long wait for the 3G it would be so cool to use my iPad as a GPS when on travel! I agree that it looks like it would block your view too much (perhaps if you went into landscape). Also, I fear that the iPad is a bit heavy for that kind of mount.

33ipad.jpg

-Greg

That is totally illegal in Australia and one would get a $300 fine if pulled over.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody out there using it already as a GPS? And I expect there will be different/better mounts avail at some point...

The WiFi iPads don't have a GPS. It is only available on the 3G version. One of the reasons I am going with the 3G (the other reason must be that I love to suffer :( )

-Greg

Most reactions

Latest posts