What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Mount for use in Rental Cars?

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My car has a built in GPS so don't need to mount my iPad there but when I'm on travel I need a GPS solution. I would love to use my iPad if there is a safe legal and removable solution. Removable is obviously key for travel. So far the mounts I've seen have required a serious installation or the one suction mount one that looks like it blocks your view. Has anyone seen a solution for this? Would love to buy CoPilot and have that be my answer for the road!

-Greg

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one looks pretty promising:
http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/Skins/NationalProducts/images/2ipad.jpg

How stable is it? That is, on the end of that long bendable leg, how much does it move around? If I thought it was rock solid I'd jump on it. Price seems reasonable, too.

we talk about something can be remove and can be install in no time in other car … the suction cup is mainly based on the design and the quality of the material you use … so mean also price ..

too heavy is not good in many case like how weather, or more terrible in accident case

too light and cheap is the same and more dangerous

Don’t confuse accessories be give for free with a device and products made by independent brand … no same target at all so not the same result

iKevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RAM Mount

Check our RAM's product line. They have a couple possible solutions??!??

Apple iPad Mounts

This one looks pretty promising:
http://www.ram-mount.com/Portals/0/Skins/NationalProducts/images/2ipad.jpg

How stable is it? That is, on the end of that long bendable leg, how much does it move around? If I thought it was rock solid I'd jump on it. Price seems reasonable, too.

I have this ram mount. It was the only thing that I could find that seemed solid enough at a fairly reasonable price. I don't trust the suction mounts for stability and, maybe more importantly, I figure that the suction mounts will get in the way of driving visibility and may attract more unwanted attention since they're more visible from outside the vehicle.

Although the long leg appears to be overly flexible because of the ribbed style of plastic they have covering it, it's actually a solid piece of metal in there that can withstand a minimal degree of repositioning. It attaches with a bolt to the bottom of your passenger-side seat, although I personally did not do that (yet?). If you attach it that way, it will be extremely solid and can hold your iPad with no worries due to iPad weight or vehicle movement/stops. I drive an SUV, so the height and everything is perfect, but I'm not sure how it would fit in other vehicles (maybe the same or maybe a little higher).

I hope this helps!

~iKevin

Most reactions