What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant update from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 on Ipad2

seaspray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I cant seem to updater my Ipad 2 from 5.0.1 to 5.1,1, it says theres an update available then downloads it but it fails before completion, I have tried to reset all settings but it takes forever with the little circle in the middle of the screen and still doesn't reset all settings ??? I've tried this on the Ipad2 itself and in Itunes and still no luck, It's only about 5 months old and only been used for the first time connecting to Itunes and trying to update. Itunes says it cant connect to the Ipads update service<br><br>Anyone have any ideas how to a) Reset it so it completes. or b) Update the software so it completes ?<br><br>Many thanks

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seaspray said:
Hi I cant seem to updater my Ipad 2 from 5.0.1 to 5.1,1, it says theres an update available then downloads it but it fails before completion, I have tried to reset all settings but it takes forever with the little circle in the middle of the screen and still doesn't reset all settings ??? I've tried this on the Ipad2 itself and in Itunes and still no luck, It's only about 5 months old and only been used for the first time connecting to Itunes and trying to update. Itunes says it cant connect to the Ipads update service<br><br>Anyone have any ideas how to a) Reset it so it completes. or b) Update the software so it completes ?<br><br>Many thanks

If your device is jail broken you won't be able to update it but if it isn't it might have something to do with your router or wifi connection?

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me, a better bet when upgrading firmware is to fetch the entire .ipsw firmware file with another computer (the one that has iTunes on it, perhaps, as it has to be placed on that computer anyway), and perform the upgrade completely offline. Downloading a 720 (or so) Mb data file can be a challenge and can easily cause a problem if that download fails in the middle of a "live" upgrade process.

My opinion only... and I could be behind the times in all this. Good luck.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi Seaspray...

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts