What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore iPad

winkness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to restore iPad because after restarting , it kept booting all the time.

I've tried both recovery mode and DFU mode but it didn't work

In recovery mode : it showed error 9 , I also tried with different mac and pc but the result still the same.

In DFU mode : it showed error 3004 and 2001

If anyone has any advice I'll really appreciate it .

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've done that as I wrote in the above post.

Don't you see?

Yes I did regardless I always go through the procedure again in case you got it wrong Trust me I have been doing this since 1984 I have had several cases where customer got procedures wrong Its not about you its about procedures. Also I always repeat the operation to make sure . I understand your frustration all I am doing is trying to help As for your problem unless Itunes is corrupt then you have no choice but to return it to Apple DOA for replacement
Thanks col

Last edited:

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try restoring on a different pc. I found quiet often, that really hard bricked iPhones only can be recovered on a Windows PC.....

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help

I have to restore iPad because after restarting , it kept booting all the time.

I've tried both recovery mode and DFU mode but it didn't work

In recovery mode : it showed error 9 , I also tried with different mac and pc but the result still the same.

In DFU mode : it showed error 3004 and 2001

If anyone has any advice I'll really appreciate it .

Thank you in advance!

I got the same problem, tried everything few times, error code 9 is , as they said problem with USB cable or port, i changed cable, computer, nothing.
Any help, cant be that this is rare problem?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DFU doesn't always work. Use this:
blackweather

It doesn't matter if you are jailbreaking or not it will get you into restore mode...run it, your iPad will go into restore mode, kill blackra1n, restore.

If your restore gets stuck at like 90% run the blackra1n app again....it won't jailbreak it will just get it unstuck.

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you are jailbreaking or not it will get you into restore mode...run it said:
I don't have problem with restore mode, its always in that mode, but after few sec of restore job its just reset ipad and break and pop up message with code 9.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you've got the latest version of iTunes on your PC?
I've noticed similar things with people trying to restore an iPad or iPhone with old iTunes-versions.

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed similar things with people trying to restore an iPad or iPhone with old iTunes-versions.

Yes, i am so desperate that i reinstalled itunes and quick time and downloaded new version.

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, i am so desperate that i reinstalled itunes and quick time and downloaded new version.

And cleaned my itune folders with old backup and downloaded new firmware 3.2.2, tried everything, i saw on few forums that this is not rare problem with Ipad, but no answer so far, i will probable return it to the apple.
One question, can i return it to apple store in Germany even if i bought ipad in UK?

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm....
What about the cable? Are you using the original iPad-cable or is it an iPhone-cable.
I found that mine won't synchronize with the cable from my iPhone 3GS but works fine with the one that came with it, even though they Look absolutely identical from the outside.

Milan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm....
What about the cable? Are you using the original iPad-cable or is it an iPhone-cable.
I found that mine won't synchronize with the cable from my iPhone 3GS but works fine with the one that came with it, even though they Look absolutely identical from the outside.

With original started, i tried cable of iphone 4, same error code.

Most reactions

Latest posts