What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't connect to wifi!!!!!!

OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. It is a linksys Cisco. I am probably going to buy a new router today. Sucks.

L

Lunar

Very strange indeed & sorry to hear your having connection issues, ironically this is one area where I actually notced big noticable improvment over my old ipad1 in that my new iPad 3 loads web pages noticably much faster then my ipad 1, in fact I did a side by side comparison, having cleared caches, I hit the load links exactly same time, but the 3 had loaded while the 1 was still only halfway across on the progress bar, so a really big improvement in loading speeds..certainly when compared with the first gen iPad.

I would try doing a reset, by holding down on/off and home buttons, and thoughly check you are indeed putting in correct details, it's dead easy to forget u changed passwords or something else.. I know as I've done it myself loads of times. Is everything else connecting to your router with same details ok.?
You obviously need to ascertain if indeed there is a mal function with it, if so, then get it swapped out, sorry I'm not able to offer anything really helpful matey.

Last edited by a moderator:

persicoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
It may take a long time in some cases (up to 5 minutes). Mine took over 1 minute the first time but after the initial setup, everything went back to normal.

Leave it there and grab a cup of coffee or something....

Hope it helps...

I also got my iPad3 yesterday but I could not connect it to my Netgear WNDR3700. I had to remove all the security locks to be able to connect. All my other Apple devices connect to my WiFi with security lock. Only iPad 3 gives me this grief. I am planning to go to Apple Store to see what is going on. Any suggestion from Forum members is greatly appreciated.

OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reset my router to default then went through and changed every setting that I found that worked with the 1 and 2. I ended up going to the apple store and when it wouldn't connect to there network, the y exchanged it immediately.

OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple stuff might be expensive, but their customer service is top-notch in my experiences.

edlsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
Do you have a netgear ?

I do, I do! I'm having intermittent luck after changing so many things on the iPad and the router that I'm not sure what did it. I think it might have been giving the iPad a static IP. It's still not great.

Is the Netgear a common problem?

I will buy a new router if I know that it will improve my situation.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I reset my router to default then went through and changed every setting that I found that worked with the 1 and 2. I ended up going to the apple store and when it wouldn't connect to there network, the y exchanged it immediately.

Nick-that's awesome to hear!! So glad that it worked out for you!

Cheers!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts