What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian Pricing iPad 2 $519

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see on the Canadian Apple Store that they are now advertising the iPad 2 starting at $519. So, a $20 difference from U.S. pricing. It was $50 more with the original iPad. This is better, but with the Canadian dollar being higher in value that the U.S. dollar now, I don't understand the difference in pricing.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats just the way with being Canadian. There are higher shipping volumes into the us and by that factor alone, our prices would be higher. Look at gas, the discrepancy is insane.

At least there's a smaller margin here, unlike the first.

Just think about the import costs and it makes a lot more sense.

geep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aaron: both you and I lucky because of our proximity to the US, not all Canadians are though but I do agree that we get hosed because we are programed to think that way....with a strong loonie vs a greenback i sure hope we see some leveling in prices but until then cross border shopping is the way!

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats just the way with being Canadian. There are higher shipping volumes into the us and by that factor alone, our prices would be higher. Look at gas, the discrepancy is insane.

Let's not forget, our money didn't become useless and worthless like canadian money til obama....so...while you're your entire existence into being poor, we're only 3 years....

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm glad Aaron's comment got removed. It was ignorant and childish.

Let's not forget, our money didn't become useless and worthless like canadian money til obama....so...while you're your entire existence into being poor, we're only 3 years....

Alrighty, let's not make this political. This isn't the place for that.

The reasons I mentioned are not the only ones which increase the costs in Canada. LOTS of things do. And if I recall correctly, the financial situation in the US has by no means been stable since... well, since a very long time.

And to make it clear, I am a US citizen who has lived in Canada for the last 14 years. I'm loyal to both places, I still vote in the US and see the pros and cons of both, we simply have to deal with slightly higher prices, but not AS high as they used to be.

Now if we talk about books... That's another story. Yikes...

purplxd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ignorant and childish?

It was realistic. Nice forum.. edit central for opinions.

A

purplxd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually it started in 1971 when Nixon took away the gold standard and completed with Reganomics... Obama is inheriting a mess.

A

Most reactions

Latest posts