What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogers iPad Pricing not so great

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rogers_logo.jpg

If you are in the Great White North then you are probably used to Rogers giving its users the run-around in regards to Apple pricing. First off, the products up there are simply more expensive... prices are higher, taxes are higher. That's bad enough, but what about when your only viable carrier choice decides to raise the prices on you above and beyond what your brothers in the US pay?

That's kicking a man when he's down, and it appears that just like Rogers release of the iPhone - Rogers will now charge more for the iPad data prices then AT&T will... by far.

The CBC has a great article that our Canadian readers might be interested in:

CBC News - Saskatchewan - Rogers under fire for iPad plans

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Plans here are five bucks a DAY! Too bad Apple doesn't have the bargaining power internationally as they do in the USA.

JRafferty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ipad-jim.com
It's ridiculous that carriers can manipulate consumers into paying a high price for the same product, whether it's the wireless service or the product itself.

Unfortunately, with the product, you will run into a higher cost simply because of exportation taxes - and you know Apple isn't going to foot that bill! I don't understand why cellular carriers feel it's okay to rip people off for any service - don't they want repeat customers and customers who will refer their friends?

I guess if you're the one with the ball, you make the rules.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i feel sorry for my northern neighbors there and i thought the US side of the phone carriers where bad down here with the all the bs of the extras they charge..

Most reactions

Latest posts