What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tmicz6911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a iPad 1 and was able to use the cameras, front and back but then one day the camera completely disappeared from my iPad.
Did search in setting and no camera. Downloaded a mirror app to maybe get access to the camera but no response on the app. Like that with all apps.
Thought maybe I broken it but due for up grade.
Bought an iPad Air and exact some problem. iPad Air doesn't have the camera in settings and no apps work.
What can I do to fix?
Seems strange to happen to two iPads

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that you restricted the camera. Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Enter your code, and look at "Allow": Camera should be enabled. If it isn't, the app's icon won't be visible.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a iPad 1 and was able to use the cameras, front and back but then one day the camera completely disappeared from my iPad.
Did search in setting and no camera. Downloaded a mirror app to maybe get access to the camera but no response on the app. Like that with all apps.
Thought maybe I broken it but due for up grade.
Bought an iPad Air and exact some problem. iPad Air doesn't have the camera in settings and no apps work.
What can I do to fix?
Seems strange to happen to two iPads

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As to your first question concerning the iPad 1, I'm assuming that you mean the original iPad released in 2010 - that device had no camera, so not sure what you may mean - sorry?

The iPad Air certainly has front & back cameras - you might want to tell us which iOS is installed (and have you recently upgraded/updated after which the problem started?) - I have an iPad Air 2 running 9.0.1 and in 'Settings' there is a 'Photos & Camera' selection, so let us know.

In addition to Johanna's suggestion and if not already done, 'Reset' the iPad (hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release both and allow the iPad to reboot) - let us know if any of these comments are helpful. Dave

OP
Tmicz6911

Tmicz6911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's possible that you restricted the camera. Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Enter your code, and look at "Allow": Camera should be enabled. If it isn't, the app's icon won't be visible.
I think you maybe on the right direction. However, I am not sure what the passcode would be as my iPad passcode to turn on the iPad isn't working and I don't use any other. Is there a way to reset to passcode?

OP
Tmicz6911

Tmicz6911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As to your first question concerning the iPad 1, I'm assuming that you mean the original iPad released in 2010 - that device had no camera, so not sure what you may mean - sorry?

The iPad Air certainly has front & back cameras - you might want to tell us which iOS is installed (and have you recently upgraded/updated after which the problem started?) - I have an iPad Air 2 running 9.0.1 and in 'Settings' there is a 'Photos & Camera' selection, so let us know.

In addition to Johanna's suggestion and if not already done, 'Reset' the iPad (hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release both and allow the iPad to reboot) - let us know if any of these comments are helpful. Dave

I know my original iPad had a camera so I guess it was an iPad 2 then.
I have updated my iPad Air to the new software but no camera in my settings. Followed Johanna's suggestion but my passcode I use for my iPad Air isn't working in the restrictions or the reset. Have reset my passcode but still doesn't work.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you maybe on the right direction. However, I am not sure what the passcode would be as my iPad passcode to turn on the iPad isn't working and I don't use any other. Is there a way to reset to passcode?
If you don't use Restrictions, you should be able to take a look at the settings there.
If that's impossible, and you don't remember your restrictions passcode, you'll have to restore your iPad, using iTunes.
If the restriction password was not included in a backup, you can restore from that backup. If it was included, you'll have to set up your device as new.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The restriction's passcode is set separately from other passcodes. It has to be that way, or you couldn't let another person (child usually) use the iPad and expect the restrictions to mean anything.

Most reactions