What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Camera CONFIRMED! Photobooth And Facetime App!

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xj_PIysATI[/ame]​

MacRumors reports that iOS 4.3 Beta 2 includes and image, under the sheets, of a few new iPad icons that we haven't seen before. The image is of the iPad homescreen with 3 new apps. Facetime, Camera, and even Photobooth are included in this firmware.

Now this doesn't mean that the iPad 2 will have a rear camera, but it definitely means that it will have a front. You will now be able to cross-Facetime with all the other iDevices including Macs. I don't think Apple would have let the iPad go without a camera for another year.

The article goes on to say that there were filters included in the firmware as well "Thermal Camera, Mirror, X-Ray, Kaleidoscope, Light Tunnel, Squeeze, Twirl and Stretch". These are presumed to be for Photobooth, which should be somewhat similar to what we see with the Mac app.

Well, we did it everyone, the iPad 2 is now officially getting a front facing camera!

Source: FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth Icons Confirm Camera in iPad 2 - Mac Rumors

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I believe there will be cameras that those images appear in the beta does not mean that we will see those features in the released iOS. Case in point are the gestures which are not supposed to appear until iPad 3.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thinking about my iPhone and my current iPad. Can you attach the two so that the Iphones camera works with the iPad?

rancherwillie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera question?

Will a front facing camera allow you to photograph other things such as groups or cars or mountains etc?

Reaction score
ThePhotog said:
As a photographer I really wish it had a usb port.

There are attachments for the ipad, specifically for the camera to connect to it. You can get it from best buy, wal-mart, or the apple store I am sure. THere may be other places as well.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Just thinking about my iPhone and my current iPad. Can you attach the two so that the Iphones camera works with the iPad?

There are a pair of apps called Camera A and Camera B. One goes on each device and allows the iPad to access the iPhone camera to take pictures. I don't believe it is a jailbreak app but I am not jailbrone and don't have an iPhone so can't attest to that or to how well the apps work.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Meaning_of_life_42 said:
There are attachments for the ipad, specifically for the camera to connect to it. You can get it from best buy, wal-mart, or the apple store I am sure. THere may be other places as well.

I agree and already own one. However they won't work with a Sandisk CF card. Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a $20 all-in-one card reader and the iPad reads CF cards via the USB camera kit, so I'm not sure what it is exactly that some people keep complaining about.

Most reactions

Latest posts