What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera in iPad coming

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who cannot function without a webcam, a company is bringing out a webcam that fits on the iPad and used the SD card function to work. Butt ugly if you ask me, but someone will buy it.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm asuming he's talking about the impossible to get Camera Connection Kit accessory. I cant imagine any type of external camera to be anything other than circa 1995 web cam.

I'll wait for the second iPad, which will hopefully have the same beautiful camera system Steve Jobs just layed out for iPhone 4. That might explain why they omitted it. Who know...they could have at LEAST put the 3GS camera in there. A materials cost of probably $5 max to them??

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my camera kit today. I don't I'd use it for a webcam though. It's my experience that when I would use a webcam - traveling - the hotels (even the nicest resorts) have crappy internet to the point of making a webcam useless.

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With as small as they are making in-phone cameras, you would think they could come up with something very tiny to plug into that port.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, something kinda like the Bluetooth adapters for the ipods, about that size with a lil camera built in

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three things were predicted after the announcement today. First, that with the coming Facetime for iOS 4, iPad 2 will have a forward facing camera. Second, the new high rez Retina iPhone screen is expected to be carried over to the iPad. Third, (what else?) a faster processor and more memory.

Hank3rd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my camera kit the other day and then ended up listing it on eBay and got $75 in 5 minutes. I will wait and Oder another one later on.

Some company took a Microsoft web came and got it to work on the iPad. I do not have a link though.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly the screen on the iPad is so gorgeous, if they came out with a new iPad with a new screen it wouldn't be enough to sway me. Now if they made it 128GB with the same battery life, we might be in business.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my camera kit the other day and then ended up listing it on eBay and got $75 in 5 minutes. I will wait and Oder another one later on.

Some company took a Microsoft web came and got it to work on the iPad. I do not have a link though.
I paid 60 shipped for mine, which really wasn't all that bad considering Apple charges 10 bucks for express shipping, 4 weeks of wait time, and tax.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the PhotoFast is too big & bulky and still needs to be tethered to the iPad.

What they should have done is this...

IMG_9651_2.jpg

It's just a simple cam that plugs directly to the iPad. Ideally, this webcam should have a hinge so that it can swivel around.

Just in case you are wondering, this product does not exist. It exists only in my mind as it is a CGI and manipulated in CS4.

So, if anyone is good at electronics and can make something like this for the iPad without any cables, I think they will have a market for it. Afterall, 2M iPads are sold at this moment. If only 10% of iPad owners buy one, we're talking about $$$$ here.

Ray

Last edited:

Most reactions