What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit and JBM 3.0

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The JBM 3.0 jailbreak seemed so simple, I finally decided to JB my iPad 1 64gb 3g. It went very smooth and I am really enjoying the freedom and capabilities with a bunch of Cydia apps. I ran into one big problem though. The CCK doesn't work anymore. For 3 days, I've been hearing that it is going to be fixed shortly. This hasn't happened yet, and being a photographer, I really need it to work. My Eye-Fi card and ShutterSnitch work fine, but I also need the CCK.

These are the apps I'm using so far without issue;
iFile, Winterboard with MT Gestures, Backgrounder, Browser Changer, FullForce, Mobile Terminal, SBSettings, Netatalk, VLC Media Player and Unfolder.

Does anyone think the CCK can be fixed in JBM 3.0?
I'm considering purchasing the full iFile and pkgbackup if I'm going to stick with the freedom of a jailbreak.

If I purchase the pkgbackup, will I be able to restore without an issue if I have to switch to a different JB method because of the CCK issue?

I need the CCK working before next weekend. Would you recommend restoring in iTunes with my pre-JB backup and using the redsnow 3.4.4 untethered JB and if I do, should a pkgbackup restore work from a backup of the JBM 3.0 I have?

Is there a different JB untethered method I should consider? I use both Mac and Win7.

TIA!

Danielfo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the fix myself. I've been following Comex tweets and from what it sounds like a fix should be released anytime, today or tomorrow. Just repeated what he has mentioned over this weekend. But, it does sound like this issue will be resolved soon. I too really want to have the camera connection kit back up and running. So let's cross our fingers That the release is as soon as he stated in his tweet!

ipadre

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it will be fixed. Comes apologised for the delay today. You will just have to be patient.

If you require it urgently, simply restore and jailbreak with redsn0w, where the CCK works flawlessly.

Last edited:

Danielfo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll keep you updated, if any release is to come out and I happen to find out before you or someone else, I'll throw down a post!

ipadre

OP
Wingr

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Danielfo said:
I'll keep you updated, if any release is to come out and I happen to find out before you or someone else, I'll throw down a post!

ipadre

Thanks Danielfo!

Does anyone know if pkgbackup works across different JB methods or will it restore something that would mess up the different JB?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if pkgbackup works across different JB methods or will it restore something that would mess up the different JB?

Yes it does. It is completely independent of method.

I would suggest you follow my guide here

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

which will allow you to backup, rejailbreak, and restore back to where you were (even if going from 4.3.3 to 4.3.3) and keep everything intact. If you use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w (links are in the guide) you will have a working CCK in no time...

OP
Wingr

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

which will allow you to backup, rejailbreak, and restore back to where you were (even if going from 4.3.3 to 4.3.3) and keep everything intact. If you use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w (links are in the guide) you will have a working CCK in no time...

Thank you f4780y!
I've already downloaded 4.3.3 ipsw and used TinyUmbrella to BU my shsh blobs. I'll purchase pkgbackup and should be all set.

I'll wait a bit to see if JBM 3 can be fixed for the CCK.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thank you f4780y!
I've already downloaded 4.3.3 ipsw and used TinyUmbrella to BU my shsh blobs. I'll purchase pkgbackup and should be all set.

I'll wait a bit to see if JBM 3 can be fixed for the CCK.

Pkgbackup also allows you to save shsh blobs and upload to dropbox.

sfarringto1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
F4870y any ideas on how the patch will be affected by this. I did the jbme3 and then fixed the hole with the patch comes put out. Thoughts?

OP
Wingr

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

It's a bit of a funky app. Didn't realize it was still sized for iphone. Doesn't seem to be saving settings of what to BU. I backed up to iCal and Dropbox, but both times it tried to save all the iTunes apps too, even though I unselected them and saved as default...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

It's a bit of a funky app. Didn't realize it was still sized for iphone. Doesn't seem to be saving settings of what to BU. I backed up to iCal and Dropbox, but both times it tried to save all the iTunes apps too, even though I unselected them and saved as default...

It is an iPhone app, but don't hold that against it! :)

Are you sure you are applying the settings? You must press the button which may be below the bottom of the screen and needs to be scrolled up...

Also, I would honestly completely ignore the App Store app backup piece. You are going to re-sync with iTunes so there is absolutely no need to use PkgBackup for that! Honestly, it is far more trouble than it is worth and will probably take a very long time (depending on what you have).

Hope that helps...

OP
Wingr

Wingr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It is an iPhone app, but don't hold that against it! :)

Are you sure you are applying the settings? You must press the button which may be below the bottom of the screen and needs to be scrolled up...

Also, I would honestly completely ignore the App Store app backup piece. You are going to re-sync with iTunes so there is absolutely no need to use PkgBackup for that! Honestly, it is far more trouble than it is worth and will probably take a very long time (depending on what you have).

Hope that helps...

Yes, I scrolled it up to apply the default save. I also didn't want the App Store apps backed up. Would probably take 2 days ;-)
The non-functioning Save as Default might have something to do with the JBM 3 method, unless I'm missing some other step in the process. After saving as default, I even tried exiting and restarting the app before backing up. All the App Store apps were all selected when I went back in.
Maybe I need a full reboot since installing the package?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I scrolled it up to apply the default save. I also didn't want the App Store apps backed up. Would probably take 2 days ;-)
The non-functioning Save as Default might have something to do with the JBM 3 method, unless I'm missing some other step in the process. After saving as default, I even tried exiting and restarting the app before backing up. All the App Store apps were all selected when I went back in.
Maybe I need a full reboot since installing the package?

OK, here’s a detailed list of how I set up PkgBackup from initial install…

1. Started App.
2. Allowed location access via popup.
3. Pressed the “cogâ€
4. Pressed DropBox and provided credentials then pressed Link
5. Turned ON Scan pacakges at startup (so only that, integrated with iCal, and confirm backup, is on now)
6. Scroll up the screen and press “Accept Changes†- VERY IMPORTANT
7. It will then scan your packages and may warn you that a backup does not exist yet… Select No if it askes to use another device backup…
8. Press “Do Backup†and confirm Yes.
You do not need to have any of the Apple Stock Apps unless you want them, and the defaults are fine for everything else.

It’s basically the same to restore on a new device. You just press View Restore, and Do Restore at the end.

Hope that helps…

Most reactions

Latest posts