What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help - Not able to mount SD cards on IFile !

W0lfgang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken IPad 1 which I enjoyed a lot and been waiting to jailbreak my new iPad 3 which I finally did earlier this week. It's been great going so far except for one major issue - I haven't been able to mount any SD cards with the CCK using Ifile (which i had already purchased earlier if that makes any difference ). I can easily mount the same on my IPad 1 with no problem.

On closer inspection, I noticed that the iPad 3 was missing the mnt directory in /var. I proceeded to make it with the same permissions from my IPad 1 using Ifile. No luck. I even tried creating the mnt directory again using MobileTerminal but no luck. Desperate to get it working I backuped my IPad, restored it to factory settings, jailbroke it again but still no luck. Any advice would be great.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't help, sorry. Except to say that I was able to mount a 16GB SDHC (from Patriot) to my iPad3 using the CCK and am able to access it via iFile:

View attachment 17157

Weird thing was that when the iPad first loaded the card, it opened my Photos app, even though I was in iFile (that never happened with my iPad1). Maybe if you send an e-mail to the developer, they can help you troubleshoot the problem?

Sorry to not be of better assistance.

Marilyn

OP
W

W0lfgang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers anyhow Mickey. I vaguely recall facing a similar issue about two years ago and finding a workaround online involving tunnelling through SSH. Not sure if i should manually create Mount1. Also, the root directory DOES have a mnt folder. It's just /var that doesnt Might be something else ... So still hoping for some suggestions.

On a different note, I faced the exact same reaction as yours with another iPad 3. It had a DCIM folder with photos and opened up on plugging on the unjailbroken iPad 3. The funny part - ever since then it keeps popping open the photos app on my IPad 1 while opening under Ifile. Never did that before. Go figure.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't help with this question (heck, I barely understand what you're trying to do :D). I am just posting to say that iFile has gotten an update today.

The iPad3 still auto-opens the Photo app, which you have to close to get to iFile, but it displays the contents of the card better (no odd sub-sub folders).

So, maybe the update will help?

Marilyn

OP
W

W0lfgang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Updated Ifile didn't make a difference Marilyn. Experimenting I created a mount1 directory within the mnt directory I created which did create the ghost image of a mounted card but no actual mounting. That was a funny one minute.

I'm starting to think it's the IPad at fault. It's never launched the card from the CCK into Photos itself which it should at least do (Though I never tried it before jailbreaking either ) . I'll drop a message to the developer and if that doesn't work, figure out the cleanest way to restore the IPad to factory state and take it to the Apple store.

Most reactions