What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I make an entry on my calendar it asks for my password. It did not always do this. Can you help please

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be the easiest solution to delete the email account which is connected to the Calendar app and add it again.

If you don't want to do this, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap the email account and make sure the password is entered correctly.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I went to e mail and re typed password and that seems to have worked. Something so simple if you just know what to do. I must think up all the things I do not understand and get involved in this site. Thanks again

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this new version of IPF is going to be a lot easier to understand. The last one took me so long to find out where to go that I lost patience

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. There's so much more you can do now, and it's easy to get accustomed to the new software. :)

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same problem is happening again. My calendar is asking for password but if I just say cancel it goes away and the entry remains. If I delete my e mail address in settings and re enter it will I lose all my e mails?
Another problem I have is I have been using my calendar as a diary and I notice that previous entries maybe a year ago are no longer in view. Have I lost them? It seems that unless you put " repeat annually the items will disappear.have I lost them altogether.
Would appreciate some help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's an Outlook account, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars; tap the account and then select "Mail days to sync". There are a few options to choose from. I've set mine to "Never", which means my emails will stay on my iPad until I delete them.

If the emails reappeared the first time you deleted your account, they'll be there again after you've done this once more. They're located on a server, and only sync to your device.

Try "refresing" the Calendar app. In the app, tap "Calendars" at the bottom, in the middle.
image.jpg

You'll see a list with all the calendars you use in the app. Tap on it and drag it down. A spinning wheel will appear, showing that the app is updating it's entries. When it's gone, tap a date in the app somewhere to make the list disappear, and look at your entries once more.

You can also see which calendars are enabled in your app, and check mark those you need.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts