What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting alarm in Google Calendar

Brucie1dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!

I am using Google Calendar on my IPad. I can't find a place to add alerts (reminders) for calendar entries. I can't find them in the mobile or desktop version.

Andy:confused:

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably because when you bring up Google Calendar, it defaults to the MOBILE site. No worries! At the bottom of the page, you will see the option to click "desktop" for the full desktop site. You will be good to go from there!!

OP
B

Brucie1dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Desktop Version

When I am in the Desktop Version I still am not able to set reminders. I also can't scroll to see all the hours of the day. When I try and scroll it just moves the whole day.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean like SMS reminders? Google give you the choice of SMS, e-mail, or a pop-up reminder of the calendar event. I just went to the site (I use Google Calendar through Calengoo and my MAC desktop) but went to the desktop site on iPad and was able to bring up one of my calendar events-it went to the month view, I picked one of my events, clicked on it, and was able to see where I edit the event details. That's weird why yours is not showing. My default is a 1 day in advance SMS reminder.

OP
B

Brucie1dog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reminders

When I am on the IPad it let's me reminders of events that were created on my PowerBook. But when I create an event on the IPAD it doesn't give me the option to add a reminder. I also can't scroll the day, it just moves to whole day.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I'm in the mobile version, I can't find a way to add reminders either.

But you can if you switch to the Desktop verision at the botom

Just tap on the event that you want to add a reminder too. A speech type ballon will pop up. In the lower right of the ballon will be an option to edit the event. You can add a reminder from the screen this bring up.

Alternately you can just sync your Google Calendars to the iCal app on the iPad, even if you have more than one. Check out post #8 in this thread.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...tance/18578-ipad-multiple-e-mail-sending.html

Most reactions

Latest posts