What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar lost when sync

aswitzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Calendar was erased when I synced my iPad and MAC. Would this be an iPad problem or Mobile Me and is there any way to get it back?
ASwitzer

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
With your Ipad plugged in, go to the information tab. Click calendar, and select the calendar you want to sync.... then sync.

It is not an iPad "problem" for sure, it just receives what iTunes sends. It is more than likely your setting up of the sync... I am not a mobile me user, so I don't know that part.... could be a setting there as well...

You do not say what calendar... in other words iCal, Outlook, Google.......etc...

OP
A

aswitzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calendar problem

Thanks Bremen but that's what I did and I lost all the info on both calendars.
I use ical.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Bremen but that's what I did and I lost all the info on both calendars.
I use ical.

You don't want to use iTunes to sync your calendars. You do it with the settings for mobile me. You may still be able to save your calendar if it hasn't wiped your cloud version yet.

Go to your Mobile Me settings and tell it to 'sync now' it should alert you about changing more than 25% (default) and ask you if you want to use Mobile Me or your computer to sync.

Good Luck.

roco231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in Ohio with my ipad and my imac is at home in Shreveport. When i set up my 3g account here in Ohio, my ipad and imac went to sync and my imac overwrote my ipad. Unfortunately, it's the ipad that is current. Is there anyway to get my ipad calendar back? They're supposed to sync through mobileMe. Since i'm not at home, i can't fix this on my imac. Apple and Best Buy Geek were not help at all. Any suggestions?

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would log onto Mobile Me on the web and check the calendar there. If it is the same as the iPad and the same as the iMac, then, unfortunately, I would say the calendar that was on you iPad is gone.

Most reactions

Latest posts