What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

calendar discussion II

Gabbysouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Previously, i asked for examples of how people were doing their calendars on IPAD2. I am writing this for anyone just beginning.

I finally did all syncing and this is what I did:

For personal:
Started using google calendar and finally went on the cloud (I had resisted the cloud for the usual privacy/big brother reasons)
downloaded google calendar app by on Ipad

it is automatic, all entries show up on both pc and ipad, obviously b/c it is the same company!

For work: we use windows outlook and are not allowed to google sync
so i sync'ed work outlook with ipad calendar (that one that comes loaded on the ipad)
then I sync'ed the ipad calendar with google calendar

it all works great! when i have a bit more time i will do research on how i can stop personal appointments from showing up on work outlook and a couple of other issues but it was easier than I expected it to be.

I decided on google calendar because it has a task list, as minimal as it is and the calendar that comes with the ipad does not have a task list. I did research on the web and apparently there is much discussion about how no one has developed a robust calendar/task list in one app and I learned that most people are using two apps, one for each function, but the simple task list on google is ok for me.

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the built in calendar which syncs with outlook on my pc at work ... For tasks I use sorted , however if the google calendar has a task list I may look into this ... Will the google calendar sync with outlook ?

andysmfc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah. Just read your post again and answered my own question ... Think I'll give the google calendar a go

OP
G

Gabbysouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes as you saw, google will sync with outlook. The issue for me is that work did not allow me to download "google calendar sync" on my work pc. But it took a minute or 5 really to get it all worked out.

Jaeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of the google calendar app in the app store? And is it free?
The only google calendar apps I see are unofficial.

Last edited:

Jaeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Searched and found out that I could just use Microsoft exchange server for calender.

thanks

J

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the Google Tasks app is not fully featured enough for you, you might want to try "RememberTheMilk." If you're not familiar with RememberTheMilk, it's a fully featured task management system with many options, especially for the "Pro" (i.e. annual subscription) version. It's available on all sorts of devices including various computer operating systems, mobile devices, and the iPad. If you have special requirements for repeating tasks at various intervals, location based tasks, extended notes associated with tasks, etc., take a look at RTM. It's a fairly powerful task management tool. I've been using the "Pro" version for several years and can no longer remember the features that are specific to it but you may find that either the free or the "Pro" version meets your requirements.

Enough about that. I've posted on this thread because RTM can be integrated with the iPad calendar quite easily if you have the Pro version of RTM. You simply treat the RTM events as an "other" calendar for the iPad calendar app. Once linked through "Settings," the RTM tasks appear just below the "tasks" row in the iPad calendar (for full day tasks) or at particular times of the day (for tasks set to particular times.) Full instructions for integrating RTM into the iPad Calendar are available on the RTM website.

I use both the iPad RTM app and the integration with the iPad Calendar. (The latter displays tasks on the appropriate day but does not allow them to be edited from within the calendar. The RTM iPad app provides the full functionality for managing tasks.)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts