What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help streamlining my life

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all, I am new here and would love your advice. Here is my situation:
Just bought an ipad2
My email is through gmail
I use Microsoft outlook for email, tasks, calendar, and contacts
My blackberry syncs to outlook

How can I best get my tasks, calendar, and contacts to my iPad? Also, I am getting the iPhone 4s in December so I am trying to make that an easy transition as well!

Thanks!!

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has been a while since I set mine up, but I believe the iTunes sync allows the transfer of contacts, calendar, and tasks from outlook.

Use of Gmail is straight forward. Set up a new mail account on your iPad's built-in mail app. It will ask you for email address and password. Once given, the iPad sets all settings. Works well for Gmail. At least, it did for me.

Alternatively, I think you can sync EMail with outlook directly through iTunes in the same way that you sync contacts, calendars, etc....

Alternatively, one can sync outlook data with google and then sync iPad data (contacts, calendar, tasks, etc...) with google.

Much depends on how much iTunes syncing you care to perform, and how much of the google applications you have, including google calendar and contacts.

OP
K

kohler2009

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thanks! I havent explored iTunes yet but I will check it out. I think I figured out how to use gmail and my mail and calendar are showing up.

Most reactions

Latest posts