What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ical questions

beachin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use google calendar for all of my calendars so everything is separate but merged.

When I started using a mac, I gave up all hope of using ical. Yes, I know that I can push my calendar and Ical will happily show me what is on it. I don't want to have to sync everything by hooking up daily so that wasn't an option.

I just got an ipad2 this weekend and was hoping that there was an app out there that would merge with google calendar. I would really love to enter items on my ipad to be put on my google calendars.... is that even possible? Which app would you use to do this?

thanks for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Both iCal and the iPad can sync with Google Calendars. For iCal just set up a new account in prefernces using your Google account. The program will do the rest.

On the iPad create a GMail account in the Settings app under Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. Or if you needto sync multiple Google calendars from the account set it up as an Exchange account using these instructions.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Be sure to follow the additional steps to sync multiple caledars after th setup. This will also sync you Google Contacts if you want, though only those in the All Contacts group.

Most reactions