What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar birthdays

donspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have a new iPad 2 and my granddaughter is keen to see her birthday in the calendar, however I can't see how to put it in. Read somewhere just open calendar app and click on birthdays but this doesn't seem to do anything. Can anyone help please.?

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just put it in the calendar as a new appointment but put "? birthday" as the appointment, make it an all day appointment and repeat yearly. Is that what you want to do?

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

OP
D

donspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for response, I figured it you need to set up your contacts birthdate in "contacts" then enable birthdays in calendar. It is quite neat if you put the actual birthdate in contacts it tells you which birthday it is on the date. Hopefully I'll never forget a birthday again!
Thanks again for response.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well that's the normal way to do it but for people who are not in your contacts ie., friends kids/husbands/wives, this is a good way to put them in.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

OP
D

donspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you set them up as contacts and put their birth dates in then it tells you which birthday it is!

Most reactions

Latest posts