What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying iPad2 need help with account id

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to purchase an iPad2 from an Apple Store (have just been waiting until iOS5 is actually on the iPad so I don't have to upgrade) in the next couple of weeks and I would like to know how to set up my apple account id (I have none now).

My wife and I will be purchasing two iPad2 (one now and one in the next 2 months). We want to share the same account and purchase all our apps, music, books etc on that one account; no problem there.

The problem is the second Apple ID I will create, it will be for purchasing apps that will be paid for by work and will be under an Apple id that I create for just my work apps, etc. and I will use my work email to create this Apple ID. So I will have two Apple IDs one that I share with my wife and one that I use for work things.

I have a couple of questions on how this will work with my iPad that I want to have both my work apps and all the ones created with my wife. We will NOT be doing any automatic updating.

1. Can I have both sets of apps on my iPad at the same time?
2. When I update the apps will I just change the Apple ID update the apps and then change to the work ID and update those apps?
3. When I purchase the iPad2 should I just tell the sales person to set up both IDs explaining what I want to do or should I do it myself?

I have tried to read up on having two accounts but there is so much conflicting information and since I have not done anything yet I thought it might be best to find out before I start.

Thanks

OP
B

bww

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you, I am glad it will work as I thought, now I am just looking forward to our first iPad!

wartft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition for 2nd question, you needn't to change your apple id in ipad setting when you want to update app, just need to type your apple ID password in popup window in app store.

Most reactions

Latest posts