What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken ipad to smart mirror

vOOda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks.
My first message here, nice to meet you!
I have an Ipad 3 with broken display.
Is there any schematic how to connect the Ipad to an external display thru it's flat cable?
I want to make a smart mirror from that, but I can find the right connection way :-(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello folks.
My first message here, nice to meet you!
I have an Ipad 3 with broken display.
Is there any schematic how to connect the Ipad to an external display thru it's flat cable?
I want to make a smart mirror from that, but I can find the right connection way :-(

Welcome to iPad Forums, vOOda!
The only display connector on the iPad logic board is the one for the built in display. The only type of display that can connect to it is the built in display designed for that model of iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It should still be possible to purchase 30 pin to AV or HDMI adaptors for the iPad 3. These are active components. There are no standard video out pins that you can make a simple cable for.

When plugged into a TV, the iPad screen should be mirrored automatically. However, if it does not, you would need to force the mirroring from the iPad itself, so you need to still be able to see the iPad’s main screen and use the touch interface.

Even if the iPad mirrors automatically, the touch screen is the only way to control the iPad.

After Note: Here is a pin-out for the 30 pin connector. This show all the pins ever used in any product that Apple made with the 30 pin connector. Not all pins were used on all products. For instance, you’ll see video out pins, but they were only supported with the iPod Photo (and only for photos display). No iPad has ever had pins dedicated to video out.

Another Note: It is possible to control the iPad without the touch screen using some of the Accesibillity features, but it would require special hardware; and I’m not sure how many of those features are/were available for the iPad 3.

Last edited:
OP
vOOda

vOOda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for your answers m8s!
@Brian 244 sure raspberry pi is a better solution, but to repair this Ipad it cost too much money, so its a worth to try to use as any other construction :)
@twerppoet nice address gived, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts