What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display mirror

ysottot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I have an iPad 1 MC496LL. I want to mirror the display on a TV. I've tried the HDMI connector. got audio no video. Tried the VGA adapter. no luck. Haven't tried the component cable yet.
I don't want to buy the apple TV box.
Basically, I just got Direct TV. I can watch almost everything on the iPad and would like to have the screen output to a TV.
Netflix works OK with both the cables I tried but I know the app is designed to output.
Is what I want to do even possible? I heard that with the iPad 2, mirroring is native but if I upgrade I'd rather upgrade to an iPad that is newer.
And I don't want to jailbreak because I have a few company apps that don't work when jail broken.

Thanks

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a free cydia app called Xcon that prevents apps from detecting the jailbreak. Might work for your company apps.

OP
Y

ysottot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I pulled the trigger and bought the iPad 4. The reps assured me that it will mirror the display using the AV adapter. Going through the setup now. If it doesn't work I'll return it. Now just gotta sell my ipad 1 if all goes well.Thanks

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am tempted to just get the iPad, but the size/weight of the mini is really what I want. The current screen resolution does not worry me as much as the current ram/CPU specifications.

OP
Y

ysottot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All hooked up and mirroring works. Watching my new Direct TV on my TV. Now going through ebay to get cables and a case.Thanks

Most reactions