What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7+ issues with digital av -adapter

cuisinedejere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, A newbie on the forum here with a small but annoying problem which is as follows.

Using the iPad (3rd gen, retina) and digital av adapter I could mirror the videos on to the 40" FullHD Samsung in the living room. Zero problems with iOS6. However after the update to iOS7 the adapter now says its not compatible. However it still works, but the video is mirrored so that I have a small widescreen picture (black lines on all four sides). As I dont have a high need for this video mirroring I have not yet bought the Apple TV as this was working properly before, but now I am stymied as to what to do. Any ideas? This is irksome as a 40" tv is now probably a 32" due to this issue when using the ipad on it.

As a last resort I guess I will buy the Apple Tv but this would be good to work anyway if visiting hotels or at my parents, I surely dont want to go everywhere with a Apple TV as well in the bag. Really defeats the point of portabilitity..

Most reactions