What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brief ZooGue Case Review..

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not gonna write extensive reviews on this because it's already been done, instead I'll give a brief review and state the + and -

First the +

+ great leather, very sturdy, looks like it will last a long time.

+ the velcro is tough, and seem like it's not your typical velcro.

+ all the buttons are accessible, but look at negatives to see what's not.

+ leather smells real good.

+ I got this mostly because I lay on my bed and use iPad and surf net, and it is more then I expected, very upright, sturdy and levels off great, even with heavy breathing when I'm watching my .... You get the idea, lol:D

+ thought ahead, has a hole for next gen iPad of where the camera hopefully will be, so if you buy next gen, and with a lil luck, you might still be able to use this case!

Now for the -

- it's quite heavy for a case..

- makes iPad more bulky, and there seems to be too many flaps, but again, these flaps are necessary in order to be able to provide stand.

- I went to an irc app, and on the side where the channels are, I could not delete channel rooms, as the case prevents you from touching the far sides of the iPad screen, this was disappointing as I heard a lot of great things about this case, I never expected it to limit the iPad touch screen. Furthermore, when I go to move desktop icons from one page and to the left, I cant, not unless i physically lift up the left side of case and then push the icon left to go to the next screen towards the left, real pain in the ass. I should mention it is the side where the little hole for camera is, that side obstructs the touch screen, however the side where the button is- well that side is good. Now, I got just one thing to say to the maker, if your gonna make a great case then get the measurements right buddy!

- again the flaps, I think he coulda been more intuitive if he made it so flaps where removable, so you can bear minimal flaps when you wanna be as sleek as possible, and attach flaps when wanting to use the stand or attach to seat whatever.

Overall, I recommend this case it could still be a lot better and I'm sure the next gen ZooGue case will improve.. Although I'm really disappointed the case limits my touch screen, other parts of the design make up for it. I just don't see how he couldn't have measured the screen correctly being that he succeeded in making so many other great features?

I give this case a 7.8 out of 10.

;)

Last edited:
OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should also add, I been using this case for about 3 days now and already I'm finding parts of the case to be warped or bending from being too much in a certain position, I don't know why the maker didn't just slide in hard plastic inside the panels and wrap it in leather, instead it seems like he used something that seems like it's just hard cardboard..

Most reactions

Latest posts