What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boston tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Too true! Unfortunately, they may only be some of the pieces of a larger puzzle. A pre-revolution Russian general once said of Chechnyans that basically they would rather shoot than talk. Rather a broad statement but the region has always been troubled. Hopefully, enquiries will reveal the full picture. I still find it difficult to believe that these two young guys were acting totally without some sort of support network. Time will tell. On a lighter note, Boston police chief, Timothy Alben, where did he get that hat?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes indeed. I kept thinking that Timothy Allen could be a double for Fred Flinstone. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a lighter note, this cracks me up:

Noting that some Americans seemed to be confused about where, exactly, the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings were from, Petr Gandalovič, the Czech Republic’s ambassador in Washington issued a statement on Friday explaining that Czechs and Chechens are entirely different people.

“As more information on the origin of the alleged perpetrators is coming to light, I am concerned to note in the social media a most unfortunate misunderstanding in this respect,” the ambassador wrote. “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities – the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation.”

The ambassador’s intervention came just hours after the satirical publication The Onion spoofed the confusion with a fake news story based on a similar premise.

Adding a layer of confusion for Americans, the first attempts to categorize the suspects by their skin color were confounded by the information that they were, literally, Caucasian.

From here:

April 19 Updates on Aftermath of Boston Marathon Explosions - NYTimes.com

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry, losers smoke pot and skip school. Jihadists produce muslim al Qaeda instructed "pressure cooker" bombs and kill innocent people. Remember the pressure cooker bombing that was thwarted in Times Square in 2010? A Short Recent History of Pressure-Cooker Bombs | TIME.com

Training by al Qaeda talked about here: Pressure-cooker bomb instructions in al-Qaeda magazine

Additionally, the older brother, Tamarlan, may have trained in Chechnya at a terrorist training camp for 6 months.

Last edited:

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly, no answers will make sense, because this was a senseless act. No matter your agenda, your cause, or your crusade, random violence will never make any sense, ever.

It's likely that these two losers had little worthwhile going on in their lives and were roped into something they were too stupid to understand.

How is it "random violence"? These 2 brothers werent stupid at all. They knew full well what they were doing and planned an attack based on their extreme religious beliefs.

To say otherwise is disingenuous.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought, the Patriot Act is more than likely to be invoked, in a word, no legal rights and he will be off on his holidays at Guantanamo Bay!

Actually, he's an American citizen that is under the restrictions of terrorism, but he wont ever see Guantanamo. So he does not need to be read his rights for a certain amount of time. It really doesn't matter right now because he is not under arrest since he is in serious condition and under the care of doctors. If he decides to freely talk to investigators when he is able, he can do so and his words can be used against him in court. When he is discharged by doctors, I'm sure he will arrested at that time and read his rights.

My guess is that he will not talk and then be arrested upon his discharge.

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My sense is this thread has reached the end of its life cycle. Therefore, I am closing! The citizens of Boston and surrounding area need time to heal. Lets help them move to closure.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts