What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bootlogo and gestures...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goribildo said:
i tell u what,i'm very scared of redsnow since i tried to do something with my iphone and it deleted all my 25gb of apps,games,music,pics,etc etc what i tried to do was to upgrade to the latest os (4.3.3) and i succeded but it was like jailbreaking a brand new iphone,got the 4.3.3 with 32gb free and all my stuff gone so tell me if i'm wrong once u run redsnow it tells u to browse for the ipsw that u want to install and then it tells u to enter dfu mode,conect it to itunes and select the hacked ipsw,that's what i did and as i said it deleted all from my iphone and then i had no signal so i needed to upgrade the baseband and then run ultrasnow to unlock the phone,it was a nightmare and a very sad day for me so believe me i don't want to mess with redsnow unless it's to jailbreak a brand new iphone or ipad

Well, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've used redsn0w literally dozens of times over the years without issue. We have a very good tutorial in our guides section. It sounds from your description that you were given some bad advice on how it worked. It is nothing to do with custom hacked firmwares (thats sn0wbreeze and pwnage), and does not install or upgrade your IOS at all. It simply overlays the jailbreak on top of an existing device.

I've also posted a guide on how to upgrade a jailbreak to ensure you lose no data, apps, or settings at all.

If you ever get round to trying it again, make sure you read all of our sticky threads in the hacking section as well as the tutorials we have produced. These contain all the facts relating to jailbreaking and should avoid you making any mistakes that could potentially cause the loss of data...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
goribildo said:
i tell u what,i'm very scared of redsnow since i tried to do something with my iphone and it deleted all my 25gb of apps,games,music,pics,etc etc what i tried to do was to upgrade to the latest os (4.3.3) and i succeded but it was like jailbreaking a brand new iphone,got the 4.3.3 with 32gb free and all my stuff gone so tell me if i'm wrong once u run redsnow it tells u to browse for the ipsw that u want to install and then it tells u to enter dfu mode,conect it to itunes and select the hacked ipsw,that's what i did and as i said it deleted all from my iphone and then i had no signal so i needed to upgrade the baseband and then run ultrasnow to unlock the phone,it was a nightmare and a very sad day for me so believe me i don't want to mess with redsnow unless it's to jailbreak a brand new iphone or ipad

Well, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've used redsn0w literally dozens of times over the years without issue. We have a very good tutorial in our guides section. It sounds from your description that you were given some bad advice on how it worked. It is nothing to do with custom hacked firmwares (thats sn0wbreeze and pwnage), and does not install or upgrade your IOS at all. It simply overlays the jailbreak on top of an existing device.

I've also posted a guide on how to upgrade a jailbreak to ensure you lose no data, apps, or settings at all.

If you ever get round to trying it again, make sure you read all of our sticky threads in the hacking section as well as the tutorials we have produced. These contain all the facts relating to jailbreaking and should avoid you making any mistakes that could potentially cause the loss of data...

Hope that helps.

well when u're a noob u pay the price but lately i'm getting familiar with all these and i'll ensure to read all the stickys as u said,can i ask u a question? do u know if there's any chance to install a dvorak keyboard not hardware? i mean when the ipad is vertical u get a prety big keyboard and it's a pity that there are no numbers and/or symbols above the qwerty u know like a real dvorak keyboard,do u know if there's any chance? i googled for an answer but got results about the apple's wireless keyboard but i ask for a built-in dvorak.. thanks for your answers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try Cydia - 5-Row Keyboard for iPad. Works a treat and closets you'll get a the moment. You must also install a 4.3 keyboard fix package available free. Look at the ultimate list of tweaks sticky for more info.

Last edited:

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Cydia - 5-Row Keyboard for iPad. Works a treat and closets you'll get a the moment. You must also install a 4.3 keyboard fix package available free. Look at the ultimate list of tweaks sticky for more info.

do i need winterboard also with it? coz it wants to download both winterboard and 5-row keyboard for ipad together

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. Cydia automatically includes dependencies with any product. You must enable the keyboard in Winterboard by ticking it and then also enable it in the Settings > General > Keyboard area on the iPad.\
And don't forget the 4.3. keyboard fix either.

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Cydia automatically includes dependencies with any product. You must enable the keyboard in Winterboard by ticking it and then also enable it in the Settings > General > Keyboard area on the iPad.\
And don't forget the 4.3. keyboard fix either.

not working.. installed winterboard + 5 row + the fix,rebooted,enabled everything but when i tap to bring up the keyboard it just stays without poping up the keyboard..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it does work. I assure you. Lots of people use it. Check your configuration. Does your keyboard setting look like the top one in this screenie. And ENSURE that the theme is also TICKED in Winterboard.

Oh, and reboot. That's always helps! :D

Attachments

• image-1585663749.png
    image-1585663749.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it does work. I assure you. Lots of people use it. Check your configuration. Does your keyboard setting look like the top one in this screenie. And ENSURE that the theme is also TICKED in Winterboard.

looks exactly like yours but for some reason it's not going,maybe coz i use the black keyboard from cydia? i can't unistall the black keyboard it looks too cool :) well thanks anyways f4780y u're a nice person i'll buy the hardware keyboard soon

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I use black keyboard too. Here's a pic! I promise you it works perfectly!

Are you sure you bought the iPad version. There are different ones for different devices...

Attachments

• image-3970220847.png
    image-3970220847.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 192

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I use black keyboard too. Here's a pic! I promise you it works perfectly!

Are you sure you bought the iPad version. There are different ones for different devices...

thanks for cheering me up i finally got it working!!! i missed the "ipad" version i'm so dumb sometimes and omg it's so cooooooool thank u so much for your help!!!!! unfortunately it doesn't support hebrew but i so don't care hahaha :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad to hear you go it working. Good lesson in there not to rush! Take your time and check the details... :D
Same with redsn0w IF you do it again!

goribildo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad to hear you go it working. Good lesson in there not to rush! Take your time and check the details... :D
Same with redsn0w IF you do it again!

yeah got that with redsnow i hope not to mess with it soon i already made a backup of all my apps with itunes do u know if i can do the same with my cydia apps and tweaks? i mean how can i backup my cydia stuff? thanks again

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
goribildo said:
thanks for cheering me up i finally got it working!!! i missed the "ipad" version i'm so dumb sometimes and omg it's so cooooooool thank u so much for your help!!!!! unfortunately it doesn't support hebrew but i so don't care hahaha :)

Pkgbackup is what you want.

Erakmeshak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bootlogo doesnt work

Bootlogo doesnt work for me. I have an ipad2 and used jailbreakme.com so there was no question about replacing boot logos..
Is there any hope for me?

Most reactions

Latest posts