What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I use custom bootl ogo?

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this should be a fairly simple task right? I have an iPad 2 jailbroken on 5.0.1 and in settings there is a tab for custom boot logos where you can either load Chronic dev logo or apple's original logo.

Well I want to change mine and I know that because the A5 devices don't use the bootrom exploit the apple will show first followed by the selected logo. My problem is I can't get ANY boot logo to show up other than the factory apple. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is there an extension I need to download? I tried searching but couldn't find a thread for this on A5 devices.

Also, why does the boot logo option not show up in settings on my 4S? A bit off topic I know.

Edit: grr, I messed up the title...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need 2 packages from what I understand (I don't use boot logos myself). Animate and Animate Fix for 4.x.x/5.0.x.
Hope the helps.

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Animate fix did it (more or less). Going to toy with it a bit and see what comes of it.

Thank you.

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawa6306 said:
Animate fix did it (more or less). Going to toy with it a bit and see what comes of it.

Thank you.

Im following this thread to see if it worked for you :) then im going to do the same on my ipad.

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It works. But animated boot logos are not as exciting as they sound ;)

OP
jawa6306

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish the transition was smoother like in the preview. I've got a full fallout theme and really like having the fallout logo fade in while the logo fades out. Instead it just switches from one to the next abruptly.

It was cooler on the 3G when it was your own logo all the time.

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It works. But animated boot logos are not as exciting as they sound ;)

the last i had as an alternative logo, was the win 7 logo, with no animation :p

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 32gb (jailbreaked) using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts