What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boost third-world wi-fi?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I am having problems with my wi-fi. If you compare it to your american wi-fi it is laughable. 0.36 mbps. In your country its waaaaay more than that.

So I thought its only my wi-fi. But I realized it isn't. They wi-fi on every place I go is terrible. The highest I got is only 10 mbps.

So, is there any way to boost my wi-fi?

P.S: For me though this js off-topic. Is it?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am moving this to the Help section, since you are asking advice on how to boost your wifi.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your iPad-to-router speeds can be much higher, but unless your ISP provides you will a fatter pipe, there is no way I can see to increase your iPad-to-internet speed over wifi. It is this speed which limits how fast your access to the internet is.

One option is to use cellular, which may be faster than ISP, but here in the US this is pretty expensive if you actually use it for stuff like watching movies videos via the internet.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your iPad-to-router speeds can be much higher, but unless your ISP provides you will a fatter pipe, there is no way I can see to increase your iPad-to-internet speed over wifi. It is this speed which limits how fast your access to the internet is.

One option is to use cellular, which may be faster than ISP, but here in the US this is pretty expensive if you actually use it for stuff like watching movies videos via the internet.

Maybe moving to japan and leaving this country will give me 100 mbps for the same price (Actual fact)

I have no cellular.

Most reactions