What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetoth devices

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if my question sounds silly ... I am only second day Apple user :)
I wanted to connect my iPad3 to Bluetooth headset or android phone but failed .
Is it right that iPad Bluetooth could be connected only Apple Bluetooth devices?
Thanks

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
susja said:
Sorry if my question sounds silly ... I am only second day Apple user :)
I wanted to connect my iPad3 to Bluetooth headset or android phone but failed .
Is it right that iPad Bluetooth could be connected only Apple Bluetooth devices?
Thanks

You can connect a nonApple Bluetooth headset. I have a Sony headset. You have to go to settings-->general-->Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth, turn on your headset. IPad will pair up with your headset.

Last edited:
OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
You can connect a nonApple Bluetooth headset. I have a Sony headset. You have to go to settings-->general-->Bluetooth. Turn on Bluetooth, turn on your headset. IPad will pair up with your headset.

Thanks so much. I'm all set now

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MattIM said:
Glad to help!

Well. That's weird. I paired my BT headset Jabra two days ago and it was working. Today I wanted to use it. I connected it, it stated: connected. But voice was coming still from iPad. I tried the same BT with my phone and it worked fine. Then I unpaired it and paired again. Same thing. Well it's a little bit strange why it worked before and stopped now ....
One more. ... I noticed that in Settings -> Bluetooth the icon 'Devices' is spinning all the time and states 'Now discoverable'. Not sure if it should be in that state all the time.

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susja said:
Well. That's weird. I paired my BT headset Jabra two days ago and it was working. Today I wanted to use it. I connected it, it stated: connected. But voice was coming still from iPad. I tried the same BT with my phone and it worked fine. Then I unpaired it and paired again. Same thing. Well it's a little bit strange why it worked before and stopped now ....
One more. ... I noticed that in Settings -> Bluetooth the icon 'Devices' is spinning all the time and states 'Now discoverable'. Not sure if it should be in that state all the time.

Hmmm. I'm using Jabra Clipper. There are times that is connects easily and sometimes less than 10 seconds. I don't mind if it's 10 seconds as long as it connects. I don't know if this helps, when you see it spinning, click on the Jabra device. That connects it faster for me.
Or, your phones Bluetooth is still turned on. Turn it off first then pair it with your iPad.

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
P.S. One more question on the same subject: could you stream music or radio from iPad to your BT? I have Jabra BT135 and it looks it does not support that profile because I can't hear radio from my phone to BT so likely it's not right BT. My question is rather general: could BT with right profile get radio/music playing on iPad?
Thanks
quake5254 said:
Hmmm. I'm using Jabra Clipper. There are times that is connects easily and sometimes less than 10 seconds. I don't mind if it's 10 seconds as long as it connects. I don't know if this helps, when you see it spinning, click on the Jabra device. That connects it faster for me.
Or, your phones Bluetooth is still turned on. Turn it off first then pair it with your iPad.

Well I realized it was just my fault and BT is working fine. Sorry for confusion.
But the problem is with BT and Skype. And it looks that people experience the Sem issue.
Could someone share their experience of BT and Skype on iPad3?
It sounds that it worked first time but than it failed.
I have iPad3 and I installed Skype for iPad version 3.7.61 from App store. It looks that it worked when I tried to use Bluetooth but in two days it does not work. I mean that BT is connected and works with other APS but with Skype it does not.
Thanks

Last edited:

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
susja said:
P.S. One more question on the same subject: could you stream music or radio from iPad to your BT? I have Jabra BT135 and it looks it does not support that profile because I can't hear radio from my phone to BT so likely it's not right BT. My question is rather general: could BT with right profile get radio/music playing on iPad?
Thanks

Well I realized it was just my fault and BT is working fine. Sorry for confusion.
But the problem is with BT and Skype. And it looks that people experience the Sem issue.
Could someone share their experience of BT and Skype on iPad3?
It sounds that it worked first time but than it failed.
I have iPad3 and I installed Skype for iPad version 3.7.61 from App store. It looks that it worked when I tried to use Bluetooth but in two days it does not work. I mean that BT is connected and works with other APS but with Skype it does not.
Thanks

I only have the iPad 2. I can only help you from this stage. Anyway, I hope you get the best solution from others.

Most reactions

Latest posts