What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth problem

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have hearing aids which can be paired with devices to bring sound directly into my devices.
I have only had them for about a month, but the Bluetooth has worked fine, until yesterday.
Now, I can easily pair them with my iPhone, but not the iPad. When I try to the iPad simply says "not connected." I have tried re-booting the iPad, opening the battery doors on the devices and even replacing the batteries. I have also made sure the Bluetooth on my phone is not connected.
Any suggestions.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it worked. Bluetooth is better than it used to be, but it can still be finicky at times.
Well, it is happening again and this time forgetting the device and re-pairing isn't working. I've tried it 6-7 times.
Any other ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, powering the iPad all the way down and restarting it never hurts. Especially if you haven’t done so recently.

Also, make sure the batteries in your hearing aid are good.

No other ideas. Sorry.

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I almost hate to come back to you guys with the same issue, but I don;t know what to do.
Twerppoet has been a great help, but the Bluetooth on my iPad has gotten worse and worse. I few days ago I was trying to connect it and wound up forgetting the device. Now, it won't find any connection at all for the last couple of days. I have turned the iPad off, replaced my HA batteries just an hour ago and nothing happens. Meanwhile, my iPhone connects with no problem.
Any thoughts?
Well, powering the iPad all the way down and restarting it never hurts. Especially if you haven’t done so recently.

Also, make sure the batteries in your hearing aid are good.

No other ideas. Sorry.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only other idea I have is to make sure that the iPhone shows the device “Not Connected” before trying to connect to the iPad. Your hearing aids may not be able to handle attempts to be connected to more than one device at a time.

Of course, this could switch the issue to the iPhone having problems connecting.

You may also want to talk to the hearing aid manufacturer’s support. It might be an issue they are familiar with.

Most reactions

Latest posts