What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth issues

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been trying to pair my iPad 3 with my Blackberry Bold 9780 Bluetoothwise. Whilst the BB finds the iPad, the iPad states that the BB is not supported. A bit pants considering Apple is a leader in it's field. It seems that if it is not an Apple device then forget it. I am now looking at the alternative tablets now on offer and see if they are more receptive. I must admit to being disappointed but obviously I didn't research the iPad enough. Culpa mea, I will be more careful in future.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, but it doesn't really help. I will get an iPhone 5s next year when my contract runs out. I am sure that will solve the problem. Until then I guess I shall just have to live with the incompatibility of the two systems. Hey, ho.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So what exactly do you expect to happen from pairing an iPhone to an iPad? It is unlike to work any better than pairing an iPad to a Blackberry. These devices don't really have much to say to each other, so pairing in generally not supported. iPad pairs with speakers, keyboards, GPS receivers, etc, because these devices provide some additional & useful function when paired, and thus there is support for that. Pairing a phone to an iPad doesn't do much. There are other and better ways to transfer files between them, so BT support isn't provided for that.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I really can't think of a reason to pair a phone to the iPad other than file and/or contact info transfer and there are several better ways to accomplish that.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok, AQ_OC, please tell me what methods I can use to transfer photos directly from my BB to my iPad. I would very much appreciate some input and assistance, that is why I posted.
Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mikeh515 said:
Ok, AQ_OC, please tell me what methods I can use to transfer photos directly from my BB to my iPad. I would very much appreciate some input and assistance, that is why I posted.
Thanks

The way I usually do it (from iPhone to iPad) is to email them to myself. It will, of course, work from the BB too.

By the way, my wife hasa BB, so naturally, I had to try it out to see if it would pair with an iPad. The answer is no, and this was borne out by a visit to a few BB forums.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, I also email photos but what with AC saying that there were better ways than bluetoothing, I was interested to know what they were. At least your input has given me some answers as to the incompatibility between iPad & BB. Inconvenient but not the end of the world.
Best regards.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem.

It might be useless to pair the two, but I was curious enough to see whether it would work, even though I had no use for it if it did.

One thing that would be really useful is if the BB allowed BlueTooth for tethering, but I don't think it has a mobile hotspot, unlike the iPhone. I'm not sure what the Blackberry Bridge is, BT or something else. I set it up for the wife on her Playbook, but only by following instructions. I'm totally not expert on the BB OS.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem.

What I would do is turn on photostream on my iPad. Then I would load icloud onto my PC/Mac. Then I would turn on photostream on my PC. Next I would copy the photos off my BB and store then in the Pictures\Photo Stream\Uploads folder (I haven't used a BB in over 4 years). After doing that, those photos will go to your iPad via wifi. You just need to make sure you have your wifi network going at home.

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, AQ, but I do not have an iPhone yet, hence no access to Photo Stream. I will surely bear this in mind for the future.

spaghetti head

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I transfer photos from my iPhone to my iPad using the camera connection plug. It doesn't work going from iPad to iPhone though.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, AQ, but I do not have an iPhone yet, hence no access to Photo Stream. I will surely bear this in mind for the future.

You have an iPad, right? That gets you access to Photo Stream.

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Microsoft Skydrive and upload my photos from my phone so I can access then on my tablet. Dropbox provides exactly the same service. I had issues with Photo Stream not working properly.

Most reactions

Latest posts